Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia 8th richest developed nation

Australia 8th richest developed nation

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 11:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia 8th richest developed nation

It keeps getting better according to the IMF:

http://www.watoday.com.au/business/a...tfvk.html#poll
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia 8th richest developed nation

9 out of 10 figures are made up :P

if its so rich, why cannot I shop 24hours in perth, instead I have to finish work then make a mad dash to the shops before they all shut at 6pm, and while I am moaning, whats with all the shops closing on public holidays?.

What a great idea, a lot of people have the day off increasing your customer base massively, lets all close our shops!, great....
I am sure theres plenty of people who would love the chance to earn double time to work these public holidays and the average office worker type person would love to actually be able to do something on them

Last edited by dave99; Apr 23rd 2010 at 12:10 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:12 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

OZ is richer then the UK
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99

if its so rich, why cannot I shop 24hours in perth, instead I have to finish work then make a mad dash to the shops before they all shut at 6pm, and while I am moaning, whats with all the shops closing on public holidays?.

What a great idea, a lot of people have the day off increasing your customer base massively, lets all close our shops!, great....
I am sure theres plenty of people who would love the chance to earn double time to work these public holidays and the average office worker type person would love to actually be able to do something on them
I agree with you on the shopping but it is a seperate issue.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:23 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

100 years ago OZ was the richest country in the world, but we are now the fastest growing developed country in the world.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Thats really only in Western Australia, where most stupid British move to. If you lot had any sense you would move to Sydney/Melbourne.

There is a 24 hours K-Mart down the road from me in Southern Sydney. It can't get any better than 24hours can it?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
Thats really only in Western Australia, where most stupid British move to. If you lot had any sense you would move to Sydney/Melbourne.

There is a 24 hours K-Mart down the road from me in Southern Sydney. It can't get any better than 24hours can it?
l agree, All of OZ is not like Perth, the eastern side is very different ,maybe they are so isolated thousands of miles from nowhere they don't realise it.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

If its so rich why are there so many Bogons
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:33 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't get used to the shops closing early in Perth. Looks like you'll have to move to Melbourne.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
What's a bogon?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Yet over 13% of Australians live in Poverty, and UNICEF’s report on child poverty in OECD countries revealed that Australia had the 14th highest child poverty rate .

As for shops closing early, that's just a Perth thing... those sand gropers are a weird breed. Here in Canberra we even have a 24 K-Mart! lol
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

I'll sleep a hell of a lot better tonight knowing that Australia is the eighth richest nation.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:53 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Rich bogans.

Money can't buy style in Perth
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Isn’t funny, with all this cash they still can’t manage to travel anywhere further than Bali (if that at all) lol.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
What's a bogon?
Aussie Yob basically, so bad they could make a Chav look classy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.