Australia 4th

Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:40 am
AkramSMG

Thumbs up Australia 4th

In UN Human Development Report, Australia gets 4th in Human Development Index (HDI)

Countries in order are
----------------------------

1- Norway
2- Iceland
3- Sweden
4- Australia
5- Netherlands
6- Belgium
7- USA
8- Canada
9- Japan
10- Switzerland
11- Denmark
12- Ireland
13- UK
14- Finland
15- Luxembourg
16- Austria
17- France
18- Germany
19- Spain
20- New Zealand

Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:25 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia 4th

Originally posted by AkramSMG
In UN Human Development Report, Australia gets 4th in Human Development Index (HDI)

Countries in order are

1- Norway
2- Iceland
3- Sweden
4- Australia
5- Netherlands
6- Belgium
7- USA
8- Canada
9- Japan
10- Switzerland
11- Denmark
12- Ireland
13- UK
14- Finland
15- Luxembourg
16- Austria
17- France
18- Germany
19- Spain
20- New Zealand
PB ,s not going to be happy with you................ MM
Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:29 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Up there with the Scandics. Can't be bad
Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:35 am
Badge

what is "human development" in this context?

badgers

Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:42 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

It is meant to establish a "quality" of life, using a very large number of criteria.

see :

http://www.undp.org/hdr2003/indicato...ndicators.html

This is their definition :

Human Development Index
A composite index measuring average achievement in three basic dimensions of human development—a long and healthy life, knowledge and a decent standard of living.

http://www.undp.org/hdr2003/indicator/indic_10_1_1.html
Old Jul 21st 2003, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Very interesting. Australia beats UK hands down on every area. Funny that NZ does a lot worse though.

Oh well it can't be too bad out there then can it!

T
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Countries in order are

1- Norway
2- Iceland
3- Sweden
4- Australia
5- Netherlands
6- Belgium
7- USA
8- Canada
9- Japan
10- Switzerland
11- Denmark
12- Ireland
13- UK
14- Finland
15- Luxembourg
16- Austria
17- France
18- Germany
19- Spain
20- New Zealand

New Zealand 20th - not too good for Godzone eh? Well below that living hell, the UK, for example. No doubt this poll will deter future NZ applicants as much as it encourages future Oz immos?
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 6:22 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Countries in order are

1- Norway
2- Iceland
3- Sweden
4- Australia
5- Netherlands
6- Belgium
7- USA
8- Canada
9- Japan
10- Switzerland
11- Denmark
12- Ireland
13- UK
14- Finland
15- Luxembourg
16- Austria
17- France
18- Germany
19- Spain
20- New Zealand
Love these meaningless lists that mean bugger all but create work for the unemployable.
Australia also has the second highest youth suicide rate in the world does this follow on?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 22nd 2003 at 6:28 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 6:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Very interesting. Australia beats UK hands down on every area. Funny that NZ does a lot worse though.

Oh well it can't be too bad out there then can it!

T
Including higher unemployment in Australia , not developed enough me thinks?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 22nd 2003 at 6:29 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 6:29 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Including higher unemployment in Australia.

and interest rates
oh, and taxes
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 6:36 am
Banned

Originally posted by jayr
and interest rates
oh, and taxes
Right here we go.

Australia has higher skin cancer , taxes , interest rates , unemployment and suicide rates, than the UK but it makes it for it by having lower wages and kids can leave school at an earlier age.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 22nd 2003 at 6:42 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Shows how up to date you are Pommie. Aus may have the highest incidence of skin cancer, but the UK now has the highest number of deaths Worldwide-. Figures were released a couple of months ago!!!
Justy make sure you keep slip, slap and slopping when you eventually come back!!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 12:09 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by tinaj
Shows how up to date you are Pommie. Aus may have the highest incidence of skin cancer, but the UK now has the highest number of deaths Worldwide-. Figures were released a couple of months ago!!!
Justy make sure you keep slip, slap and slopping when you eventually come back!!
On GMTV the other day Dr Hillary said that the UK now has more cases of skin cancer than Australia.

I don't normally trust what's said on GMTV, but Dr Hillary seems to know his stuff

Mel
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 12:14 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by mika24me
On GMTV the other day Dr Hillary said that the UK now has more cases of skin cancer than Australia.

I don't normally trust what's said on GMTV, but Dr Hillary seems to know his stuff

Mel
It would'nt surprise me......

In Aus at least people put suncream on.....most over here don't.

Walk around London on a hot day and you will see lobster after lobster walking around.......and thats even before i take the pills!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 12:17 pm
A Male Member

Try some cut and pastes....Pb style

http://www.healthandage.com/Home/247!gm=1!gid1=3617

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/pres...releases/44278

http://society.guardian.co.uk/cancer...923760,00.html

And they were the first 3 links google threw up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.