Australia

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

sasareynolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia

Hi

My girlfriend is a qualified nurse and we're thinking of migrating to Australia, if i do not have a skill which is in demand will i be able to migrate with her or not.

Also does anyone know anything about the Trade Skills Training Visa, would you need some experience from your home country or could you do all the training in Australia

Any info greatly appreciated!

Sash
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:56 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia

[QUOTE=sasareynolds]Hi

My girlfriend is a qualified nurse and we're thinking of migrating to Australia, if i do not have a skill which is in demand will i be able to migrate with her or not.

Also does anyone know anything about the Trade Skills Training Visa, would you need some experience from your home country or could you do all the training in Australia

hi can you both not migrate with her as the main applicant as a nurse. Nurses are in demand in oz so is probably your best bet. she will need 12 months experience out of the last 18 months, above 20 hrs per wk. You will need to prove your relationship though!! perhaps somebody can elabortate more on this issue for you as don't know much about that aspect (i'm married)

manda
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:01 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasareynolds
Hi

Sash
Hi you can go as a defacto partner with your girlfriend as main applicant.

You have to have been living together for at least 12 months and provide evidence of this ie household bills, holidays together etc along with references from friends and family stating you are in a commited relationship.

do a search on defacto relationships someone posted a brilliant list of stuff you need to submit.

good luck

found a link here it is

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=defacto+list

Last edited by possoms; Jun 23rd 2005 at 8:05 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

sasareynolds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi you can go as a defacto partner with your girlfriend as main applicant.

You have to have been living together for at least 12 months and provide evidence of this ie household bills, holidays together etc along with references from friends and family stating you are in a commited relationship.

do a search on defacto relationships someone posted a brilliant list of stuff you need to submit.

good luck

found a link here it is

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=defacto+list

Many thanks, I don't actually have a girlfriend, I was just wondering whether i could find one that is a nurse for instance and say 'right you, were off to Australia get packing' but I'm not famous for my commited relationships! hehe

I think im going to either get the New Trade Skills Training Visa or keeping looking for an Aussie wench to marry!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:31 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sasareynolds]or keeping looking for an Aussie wench to marry![/QUOTE

you'll be lucky to find anyone to marry you with that attitude :scared:
Old Jun 24th 2005, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Many thanks, I don't actually have a girlfriend, I was just wondering whether i could find one that is a nurse for instance and say 'right you, were off to Australia get packing' but I'm not famous for my commited relationships! hehe

I think im going to either get the New Trade Skills Training Visa or keeping looking for an Aussie wench to marry!
Old Jun 24th 2005, 7:22 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Yeap you're a troll
Old Jun 24th 2005, 7:24 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
Yeap you're a troll
Quite a funny one though
Old Jun 24th 2005, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Quite a funny one though

Have you nicked wintersongs avatar?

(I know this post will look completely bizarre when he changes his back)

JTL
Old Jun 24th 2005, 7:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Have you nicked wintersongs avatar?

(I know this post will look completely bizarre when he changes his back)

JTL
No she lent it to me
Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:01 am
Badge

Originally Posted by kelli28

you'll be lucky to find anyone to marry you with that attitude :scared:
Don't knock it, thousands of women marry rich and good-looking men every year, and they (the women) don't get persecuted.

Badge

Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:07 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Don't knock it, thousands of women marry rich and good-looking men every year, and they (the women) don't get persecuted.

Badge
rich and good looking!!
god i should hope so you dont find many of them around lol
Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
No she lent it to me
That is wierd! Had to study it for ages to work out what it was Looks vaguely obsene
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:19 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

in your op you said 'MY girlfriend is a nurse'

nob