Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia 1st and Britain 2nd in the world!!

Australia 1st and Britain 2nd in the world!!

Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia 1st and Britain 2nd in the world!!

In the 'over-valued property market stakes!!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html

OzTennis
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Australia 1st and Britain 2nd in the world!!

Woohoo! We beat Britain!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia 1st and Britain 2nd in the world!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis

Ouch!

The OECD found the estimated over-valuation of Australian homes in 2004 was 51.8 per cent. The next highest over-valuation was in Britain at 32.8 per cent.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
I agree. Anyone who buys in Aus had better do their homework first and then negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G'Day
I agree. Anyone who buys in Aus had better do their homework first and then negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.
And in the UK too it seems!

'My overvalued property is more overvalued than your overvalued property'.

OzTennis
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

I think the next couple of years are going to be messy both in the U.K and Oz.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:38 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I sold my overvalued property in the UK last year and haven't bought an overvalued property here yet.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wmoore
Glad I sold my overvalued property in the UK last year and haven't bought an overvalued property here yet.
It's worth bearing in mind that if you need to buy a property in the UK or in Australia you have to pay UK or Australia prices - people can buy elsewhere but can't move the house! There will always be a market for property which is well located, sound, etc, etc.

Interestingly there was an item on the TV last night which said that over 2 million UK residents have property in other countries and this was expected to rise to over 4 million by 2010. The 'A Place in the Sun' factor at work.

OzTennis
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

One of my friends have had to drop $60 to get a buyer...

It seems that the agent they went with has a big habit of over pricing in the hope that there still people with more money than sense.

To all us locals we could tell the house was way over priced but it gets you thinking that if you have just come from another state or country you could easier become a mug!!

Be sure to do your homework.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:09 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

So what was that other thread about the Eastern States of Oz have hit their housing price lows, whereas Perth has hit its peak.

Can you generalize about the housing market in the entire country?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:13 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

So new arrivals - rent or buy in Oz folks??????

Do let me in on the secret.

MMum
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Woohoo! We beat Britain!

Vash if you live in Britain how would you beat Britain?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Vash if you live in Britain how would you beat Britain?
He owns a home in Oz I understand
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
He owns a home in Oz I understand

My neighbour owns a home in France but would not class himself as french lol
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
My neighbour owns a home in France but would not class himself as french lol
LOL, he is an Aussie living in Blighty I think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.