Reload this Page >

Australia = England With Sun

Australia = England With Sun

Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:58 am
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough
Default Australia = England With Sun

Hi

We've not been in Oz for long but we both can't believe how similar Oz is to England! In fact, It's like England with sun and far better beaches. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Also, can't believe how cheap stuff is here. Food/drink/cds/dvds are all significantly cheaper than the UK. Ok, we're not earning the Oz dollar as yet, but from what we've seen salaries are only a little lower here so reckon we'll be quids in. We just can't work out why we didn't move here years ago ! The sun is shining, Xmas just round the corner, and a New Year to look forward to in the best country on earth!

Happy Xmas and a prosperous New Year to all members of this forum!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:33 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Australia = England With Sun

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
Hi

We've not been in Oz for long but we both can't believe how similar Oz is to England! In fact, It's like England with sun and far better beaches. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Also, can't believe how cheap stuff is here. Food/drink/cds/dvds are all significantly cheaper than the UK. Ok, we're not earning the Oz dollar as yet, but from what we've seen salaries are only a little lower here so reckon we'll be quids in. We just can't work out why we didn't move here years ago ! The sun is shining, Xmas just round the corner, and a New Year to look forward to in the best country on earth!

i hope you are right ...

Merry Xmas
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Ah, a happy camper, a man in Oz on the spot at the very heart of the action, Merry Christmas to ya!

My take on it
Australia = Australia
England = England

And that's without knowing what Oz is like, spooky eh? Maybe I have supernatural powers ...
Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:54 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
My take on it
Australia = Australia
England = England

And that's without knowing what Oz is like, spooky eh? Maybe I have supernatural powers ...
You are one smart cookie DM Supernatural indeed ...
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Great Post fills me with optimisum where abouts are you in Oz.?
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you .Enjoy your new life.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Great Post fills me with optimisum where abouts are you in Oz.?
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you .Enjoy your new life.
Cheers for your kind comments. We're in Melbourne - We're still in holiday accommodation and started to look for work(well, bad timing on that front as the Coca Cola guy is gonna show up on Saturday!)

We're loving the adventure and we're here! It's a challenge but we're up for it and lapping up our new life.

We've been chatting to a few expats out here and "England being Oz with sun" is a subject that kept coming up. After a few beers, many finally agreed on this. I was just wondering what the rest of the members on this forum (the ones actually in Australia) thought about this perception. I'm particularly interested in the views of people ACTUALLY in Oz and also .....if you agreed originally, does your perception change with time?
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:49 pm
PommieLeague

Hi

Well it is a British colony isnt it, what culture do you expect here? Russian?

Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Well it is a British colony isnt it, what culture do you expect here? Russian?
Thanks for your friendly reply - I'm not heraldic BTW !
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:58 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Honest, gov.

Thanks for your friendly reply - I'm not heraldic BTW !
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Ah, a happy camper, a man in Oz on the spot at the very heart of the action, Merry Christmas to ya!

My take on it
Australia = Australia
England = England

We're in Oz and are expressing a viewpoint.
Thanks for the Geography lesson though.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:18 pm
heraldic

Well it is a British colony isnt it, what culture do you expect here?
Good thing I wasnt the migration officer that handled your case.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:21 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Goo onya. Glad it's going so well. This sort of info keeps those of us due to arrive soon more positive about the move.

However, I suspect you may take a battering over saying it's like England with the Sun.

Paul.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:22 pm
heraldic

This thread, needless to say, pisses me off. Unfortunately Australia is a bit too much like "England with sun" for my liking and many Australians-the question I ask myself is when we start keeping out people that see this as a good thing-and get our OWN identity, and cut ties with a Anglo-German dictatoress.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:23 pm
heraldic

Diddy- do Australia a favour- stay put.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

We're in Oz and are expressing a viewpoint.
Thanks for the Geography lesson though.
Course you are, course you are ... you're welcome to the lesson, no charge for special cases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.