Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aust. Computer Society RPL application

Aust. Computer Society RPL application

Old Apr 6th 2002, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

K Bruce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aust. Computer Society RPL application

I've submitted by RPL application to the Australian Computer Society (didn't use an agency), and felt pretty happy about it until I recently received an email back from them saying I need to provide employer references for ALL of my jobs, or the application will be rejected. I'd submitted references for the last four years, which is what the documentation on their website asks for, but they say the rules are different for RPL.

Unfortunately, believing that every one of my jobs has provided me with at least a little useful experience (if only the ability to communicate effectively on the telephone!), I listed every job ... since 1984! Now of course I'm struggling to obtain the necessary references (or two per job of the alternative documents the ACS will allow, such as contracts, payslips etc) within the 49 days allowed.

I'm now really worried that a considerable amount of effort (not to mention A$400!) will go to waste on a technicality. It seems dreadfully unfair, as I've scrutinised their website, and I can't find anything that says RPL applications must include references for every job listed on the form. Had I realised references were required, I would of course have obtained references first, and omitted from the form any jobs for which I could not.

I have emailed the ACS and asked them if they could please ignore three non-IT jobs for which it will be extremely difficult to get references, but have so far had no reply.

If only someone had pointed out to me, all those years ago, that doing a university degree would be so much easier!

Does anybody have any advice or suggestions, to cheer me up?!