Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

aussies what are they really like

aussies what are they really like

Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough
Default aussies what are they really like

well from my experience..........i have been here since december 2005 and came here with all good intensions of meeting ausie folk and intergrating.i wanted aussie freinds.in england i had no problem meeting people and making friends.but here i get fed up with being called a pommie ****** pommie B******D a pommie soap dodger(all the english i know are clean and fresh that includes me)all i hear is you pommies come here with your money buy houses blah blah blah blah (its not our fault your dollar is crap) your wearing ray ban sun glasses you flash pommie git. well hello have you lot smelt your self come on you drive like twats and its not my fault your to tight to buy decent sun glasses i love australia but guys stop being so negative when you lot go to england your treated like superstars on the building site not like a dog i cant beleive the difference between an aussie abroad and a aussie at home
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:01 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussies what are they really like

Are you are mixing with the wrong kind of people?
Never ever heard anybody being aggressively sledged to the point of insult(just my expereince but then I am lovable)
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:05 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I must say I have never been called any of those things nor has any of my family. The only thing that has been said to me for a laugh was that we don't bath very often, which I had to agree with as not had one since I got here in June last year
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:05 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angela&rob
well from my experience..........i have been here since december 2005 and came here with all good intensions of meeting ausie folk and intergrating.i wanted aussie freinds.in england i had no problem meeting people and making friends.but here i get fed up with being called a pommie ****** pommie B******D a pommie soap dodger(all the english i know are clean and fresh that includes me)all i hear is you pommies come here with your money buy houses blah blah blah blah (its not our fault your dollar is crap) your wearing ray ban sun glasses you flash pommie git. well hello have you lot smelt your self come on you drive like twats and its not my fault your to tight to buy decent sun glasses i love australia but guys stop being so negative when you lot go to england your treated like superstars on the building site not like a dog i cant beleive the difference between an aussie abroad and a aussie at home
Kiwis get it even worse. The Aussie psyche is something that is an irritating pain in the ass. Making any real friends is difficult. Much easier in UK or NZ.

Good luck with it
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:06 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

You should try being an Aussie in England...

I have been called a convict, a barmaid, an alcoholic, everyone assumes I give a hoot about sport and whether or not Aussies "cheat" and I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard the yoghurt/culture joke.

But I do have a sense of humour about it !

You must be mixing with the wrong people who are just mean!! Or you need to get yourself a better sense of humour and a tougher skin!

Michelle
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:06 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I must say I have never been called any of those things nor has any of my family. The only thing that has been said to me for a laugh was that we don't bath very often, which I had to agree with as not had one since I got here in June last year
Thats cos u use a shower
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough

hi i understand not all aussies are like that my best mate is an aussie i think its just the narrow minded building site workers i have never experienced it before back in the uk mat be im a little naive
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:09 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Thats cos u use a shower

No. My husband and I lick each other clean! :scared:
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

easy tiger
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by angela&rob
Just realised you live in PERTH! This is the most unfriendly, arrogant, pretentious, materialistic, bland, boring, lifeless, souless city in OZ I have ever been to! And if you hate the AFL overkill then you'll skip the news on the commercial stations and 6PR radio. ABC is heaps better.

All going well I'm off to Melbourne or Tassie next year
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Kiwis get it even worse. The Aussie psyche is something that is an irritating pain in the ass. Making any real friends is difficult. Much easier in UK or NZ.

Good luck with it
hey thanks for the reply its hard to understand the inbread sence of humor
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:13 am
Banned

TMI
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard anything like that Any Aussie's I've met have been lovely, welcoming, interested in where we are living, why we came over, what we plan to do all that, no negativity at all. All seem pleased we have come to their country.

Heaven knows who you are mixing with
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Just realised you live in PERTH! This is the most unfriendly, arrogant, pretentious, materialistic, bland, boring, lifeless, souless city in OZ I have ever been to! And if you hate the AFL overkill then you'll skip the news on the commercial stations and 6PR radio. ABC is heaps better.

All going well I'm off to Melbourne or Tassie next year

your the man or woman fancy meeting up for a beer
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

you need some new friends, have never ever heard anything remotely like this. the opposite in fact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.