Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussies look older than their age...

Aussies look older than their age...

Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussies look older than their age...

You know it. I have a girl at work who I thought was my age (36) Turns out shes only 28! AND she hasnt had the stress of having hormonal teenagers and emigrating. She wasnt impressed
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Bothers me as I know a couple of people only 10 years older than me who bear a distinct resemblance to wrinkled prunes. I'm an ugly cow already, and the thought of looking like like a prune into the bargain in a few years time really scares me
wear the appropriate sunscreen, wear a hat, drink plenty of water.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
no, just find it all rather shallow to be honest mate.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Me too, but I think that is the bloody stress of emigrating, think I have aged 10 years.
hmmm..emigration....marriage...moderating - yep, I think I think the sun is the least of my worries!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:59 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
no, just find it all rather shallow to be honest mate.
Like pom wrinkles rather than Aussie ones then
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

wear the appropriate sunscreen, wear a hat, drink plenty of water.
That's WATER, not alcohol Polly!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:10 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
That's WATER, not alcohol Polly!
I've got ice cubes in it, doesn't that count
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

I've got ice cubes in it, doesn't that count
Only if you have lots of ice cubes, which I guess means lots of alcohol, ahh welll... you won't see any wrinkles by the time you've finished and won't care either
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:32 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I definitely think aussie tend too look older than there age due to living the sun all there lives, i have noticed wrinkles on my face since ive lived here and i very fussy about sunscreen etc.. infact i always wore a factor 15 foundation when i lived in scotland!! When i lived in melbourne and worked in the pharmacy quite a few customers said they thought i looked 19/20 years old and couldnt believe i was 25 married with a child i dont think its that i look young more the fact that they tend too look older.

kezx
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:41 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

I too, in a non shallow way think Australian women look older. Defo more wrinkles round the eyes. I get mistaken for being 24, I am 34 so am not complaining. The down side was when we were in Oz back in 1999, and we all went to the pub to celebrate St Patricks day, I was asked my age [which was 26], but had no ID on me, so the bouncer turned us all away, I was so embarrased, I still bear the scars to this day.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

Like pom wrinkles rather than Aussie ones then
I can honestly say in the 2 years I have been here I haven't had a discussion with any of my friends about mine or their ages. I have wrinkles, I don't care and I don't care if anyone else does either. Bizarre thread.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by obiwan
No offense to the locals but couldn't help but notice.....

Is it just me or do the Aussies look much older than they really are? I see 30 something year olds that look like they are in their late 40s and I see 60 year olds that look like they are in their 80s.

I suppose the UV rays here are to blame?
The young girls are beautiful, but their mamas are old wrinkly leather handbags
Must be the sun. It eventually creeps up on you (all of us in time) but the Aussie woman do look old!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:48 am
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kellyjs
You know it. I have a girl at work who I thought was my age (36) Turns out shes only 28! AND she hasnt had the stress of having hormonal teenagers and emigrating. She wasnt impressed
Ozzies are defo older looking, at my work hole all the people I work with think I am 38 ish, they also think I am younger than the manager and the assistant, I am in fact nearly 48 and older than either of them. However I have noticed a few squint wrinkles from trying to talk to drivers who pull up at work, minus my sunnies.
Use lots of high factor and a good pair of wrap around sunnies that cover all your eyes. I also wear a floppy hat when possible.

To the original poster;
I dont think you are bieng shallow asking the question, after all its only your honest opinion.

Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:48 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly say in the 2 years I have been here I haven't had a discussion with any of my friends about mine or their ages. I have wrinkles, I don't care and I don't care if anyone else does either. Bizarre thread.
It's just an observation. Thats all.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

good thread by the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.