Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussies look older than their age...

Aussies look older than their age...

Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Aussies look older than their age...

No offense to the locals but couldn't help but notice.....

Is it just me or do the Aussies look much older than they really are? I see 30 something year olds that look like they are in their late 40s and I see 60 year olds that look like they are in their 80s.

I suppose the UV rays here are to blame?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussies look older than their age...

Originally Posted by obiwan

Is it just me or do the Aussies look much older than they really are? I see 30 something year olds that look like they are in their late 40s and I see 60 year olds that look like they are in their 80s.

who gives a shit, does this really bother you.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Bothers me as I know a couple of people only 10 years older than me who bear a distinct resemblance to wrinkled prunes. I'm an ugly cow already, and the thought of looking like like a prune into the bargain in a few years time really scares me

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 8th 2007 at 3:54 am.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:52 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by northernbird
Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed this too, probably is the UV Rays.
But I have Aussie friends who look after their skin and cover up and they are just gorgeous,
Denise
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

I give a shit! Wrinkles have appeared in their droves since moving over! Of course its the bloody sun, we are just used to having it for 2 weeks a year instead of 52 weeks here. Not complaining though, Its worth it and theres always botox
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
i was thinking the same thing, didnt mean to offend you, or anyone else.....

its just that i was wondering if precautions such as always wearing a big hat would help (which is why i am asking), or wear long sleeves outdoors even if it is cool enough to wear a t-shirt.....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

i was thinking the same thing, didnt mean to offend you, or anyone else.....

its just that i was wondering if precautions such as always wearing a big hat would help (which is why i am asking), or wear long sleeves outdoors even if it is cool enough to wear a t-shirt.....
Do what the clever aussies do, wear factor 500 and get a fake tan
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kellyjs
and theres always botox
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyjs
I give a shit! Wrinkles have appeared in their droves since moving over! Of course its the bloody sun, we are just used to having it for 2 weeks a year instead of 52 weeks here. Not complaining though, Its worth it and theres always botox
Me too, but I think that is the bloody stress of emigrating, think I have aged 10 years.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cranni
Me too, but I think that is the bloody stress of emigrating, think I have aged 10 years.
know what you mean, only been here for 3 months but feels like bloody over a year already.....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my friend wentt for a special treat last year for a facial etc. The girl thought we were in our early 30's (lovely)!!! she said we had excellent skin and that we should look after it. I have noticed a few ozzies and its always the woman burnt to crisp and really wrinkled. I use cream about 3 times a day sometimes and my skin soaks it up
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Me and my friend wentt for a special treat last year for a facial etc. The girl thought we were in our early 30's (lovely)!!!
Cool!!

has anyone gotten a weird look by using an umbrella for the sun?, have to admit, its good defence against UV but dont see people doing it....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!!

has anyone gotten a weird look by using an umbrella for the sun?, have to admit, its good defence against UV but dont see people doing it....

Lots of people do it near me, and no they don't get strange looks
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you slip slop slap, wear the hat, walk on the shady side etc - you still get wrinklier than you would if you werent in Oz - its unaviodable really.
I've given up guessing peoples ages here as I'd only upset them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.