British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Aussies are Friendly ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/aussies-friendly-131631/)

pommie bastard Feb 9th 2003 1:09 pm

Aussies are Friendly ?

Well its a big game on Wednesday for the half wit locals against England , you dreamers may think its only a friendly but because these sad sods have only ever been to one World Cup final and that was 30 years ago , they are baying for Pom blood .
The Sunday paper devoted a whole sports page to Pommie bashing though forgot to mention the Rugby , they seem to think its war and the Poms are running scared as they put it because they are worlds best at every sport as they see it.
Nice to see an English guy win the Golf here at the weekend , I thought the news reporter was going to choke as Casey beat a nearly all Australian field the best they had.

PS Mr Parkinson was a guest on the ABC program The Fat ,the Aussie panel was as rude as you would expect , the true Pro he is , shut them up with is sport all you have in your lifes nothing else , and the Aussie cricket team will never be great until you learn to win and lose with good grace.

ENGLAND are setting themselves up to be "butchered" by sending a virtual youth team against Australia on Thursday (AEDT), Socceroos coach Frank Farina has warned

While Sven-Goran Eriksson plans to start the friendly at Upton Park with David Beckham leading a near World Cup strength side, the England coach said he will replace his first XI with an experimental under-26 squad of novices in the second-half.

But Farina warned that the bold tactics leave England vulnerable to not only a strong Australian team but also the more intimidating British media.

"It's fraught with danger, not danger for us, but danger for England," Farina told a press conference at the Socceroos' Essex base.

:D :cool: :beer:

colind Feb 9th 2003 1:36 pm

Anyone fancying a flutter on Australia, Will Hills are offering 7-1. Can't see it myself. Should be straightforward enough for England (although seem to remember saying that before the Macedonia game as well).

PB, you have hit a raw nerve re Aussies being the world's best...not just sport, but everything, isn't it? Yesterday, my dear Australian sister in law informed me that not only were Aussie fish and chips much better than British ones (refused to believe the Brits invented 'em) and that Queensland is "the best place on Earth", this despite her choosing to live in Spain, she then topped off the tirade in jingoism by declaring that she couldn't understand why there were no good Australian comedies on TV "because Aussies are really funny"!!! Nearly choked on me ale!

Did notice the incredulity re Casey's win. The Sydney Morning Herald prefers to focus on the fact that he has been through 10 caddies in the past year. Had Appleby won, I am sure the coverage would have been somewhat different.

You warm enough over there? Heading for another hot one today, I believe...

Dudley Feb 9th 2003 1:43 pm

Re: Aussies are Friendly ?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well its a big game on Wednesday for the half wit locals against England , you dreamers may think its only a friendly but because these sad sods have only ever been to one World Cup final and that was 30 years ago , they are baying for Pom blood .
The Sunday paper devoted a whole sports page to Pommie bashing though forgot to mention the Rugby , they seem to think its war and the Poms are running scared as they put it because they are worlds best at every sport as they see it.
Nice to see an English guy win the Golf here at the weekend , I thought news reporter was going to choke as Casey beat a nearly all Australian field the best they had.

PS Mr Parkinson was a guest on the ABC program The Fat ,the Aussie panel was as rude as you would expect , the true Pro he is , shut them up with is sport all you have in your lifes nothing else , and the Aussie cricket team will never be great until you learn to win and lose with good grace.

ENGLAND are setting themselves up to be "butchered" by sending a virtual youth team against Australia on Thursday (AEDT), Socceroos coach Frank Farina has warned

While Sven-Goran Eriksson plans to start the friendly at Upton Park with David Beckham leading a near World Cup strength side, the England coach said he will replace his first XI with an experimental under-26 squad of novices in the second-half.

But Farina warned that the bold tactics leave England vulnerable to not only a strong Australian team but also the more intimidating British media.

"It's fraught with danger, not danger for us, but danger for England," Farina told a press conference at the Socceroos' Essex base.

I thought English footy went down hill ever since they made homosexuality compulsary there.

pommie bastard Feb 9th 2003 2:01 pm

Originally posted by colin
Anyone fancying a flutter on Australia, Will Hills are offering 7-1. Can't see it myself. Should be straightforward enough for England (although seem to remember saying that before the Macedonia game as well).

Did notice the incredulity re Casey's win. The Sydney Morning Herald prefers to focus on the fact that he has been through 10 caddies in the past year. Had Appleby won, I am sure the coverage would have been somewhat different.

You warm enough over there? Heading for another hot one today, I believe...
Know what you mean the locals are brain washed not a hard job seeing than they are born with such a small one , but its
nice that beating us is the only thing they have to live for.
Not that I whinge its painful in Perth right now 40c and humid my air-con is not coping neather am I , the Golf course on Sunday was empty did 9 holes and gave up we were baked .
The lad Casey did well a true Brit nice lad, I do not realy care about the football its a no win game for England , if they beat the aussies its pointless , draw or lose and these prats will have a field day.

:D :cool: :beer: :D :cool: :beer:

pommie bastard Feb 9th 2003 2:10 pm

Originally posted by Dudley
I thought English footy went down hill ever since they made homosexuality compulsary there.
Sod me and I thought Sydney was the gay capital of the world, even Perth does a big and well attended gay Mardi -Gra no wonder I am the odd one out in Australia I must be the only straight man here.
We are only in the worlds top ten in footy not a super power like the Aussies , but even you lads have slipped a bit losing to NZ and not getting to this years Con Fed Cup in France .
I will miss you being beat every game it gives me something to look forward to , never mind just settle for us beating you in the Rugby World Cup..

Dudley Feb 9th 2003 2:30 pm

Sod me and I thought Sydney was the gay capital of the world, even Perth does a big and well attended gay Mardi -Gra no wonder I am the odd one out in Australia I must be the only straight man here.
We are only in the worlds top ten in footy not a super power like the Aussies , but even you lads have slipped a bit losing to NZ and not getting to this years Con Fed Cup in France .
I will miss you being beat every game it gives me something to look forward to , never mind just settle for us beating you in the Rugby World Cup..

Phew!!! That makes two! Bloody Poms tricking them poor city slicker Sydney Siders into peculiar habits.

Well, I grant you that the Poms score more goals in the Irish dancing game - but why would any self respecting bloke play such a sissy game. Learn something new every day - Con Fed Cup. Funny thing is that the Poms cann't play footy themselves any more - have to go watch someone else play for 'em.

Yeah, Aussie Rugby players not up to form - too ashamed they are not good enough to get in a proper game of footy.

pommie bastard Feb 9th 2003 2:42 pm

Phew!!! That makes two! Bloody Poms tricking them poor city slicker Sydney Siders into peculiar habits.

Well, I grant you that the Poms score more goals in the Irish dancing game - but why would any self respecting bloke play such a sissy game. Learn something new every day - Con Fed Cup. Funny thing is that the Poms cann't play footy themselves any more - have to go watch someone else play for 'em.

Yeah, Aussie Rugby players not up to form - too ashamed they are not good enough to get in a proper game of footy.

I did wonder why Australia needs all them refugees from Pom land ,seems breeding between two people of the same gender is not yet possible. even for Aussies.
The sissy game is a world game unlike Aussie no Rules , you lads have let the spud pickers beat you a few times at the one and only international game that you play once a year against part time sportsmen.
If the Aussies ever win the Football World Cup I will leave my liver to Aussie medical reseach it may help you boys learn how to hold your ale.

Dudley Feb 9th 2003 5:21 pm

I did wonder why Australia needs all them refugees from Pom land ,seems breeding between two people of the same gender is not yet possible. even for Aussies.
The sissy game is a world game unlike Aussie no Rules , you lads have let the spud pickers beat you a few times at the one and only international game that you play once a year against part time sportsmen.
If the Aussies ever win the Football World Cup I will leave my liver to Aussie medical reseach it may help you boys learn how to hold your ale.

Deal ! Just need a few more sissy Poms not to proud to play in public.

pommie bastard Feb 9th 2003 5:31 pm

Deal ! Just need a few more sissy Poms not to proud to play in public.
You mean the national team is full of Poms that means that we cannot lose on Wednesday , I knew Kewell was of Pom stock and left Australia at 16 years old , lucky he did he could of ended up at Perth Glory on $800 a week.
The names of some of the other sub-standard players seem a bit iffy to be Poms , but nice to know you lads will be throwing the game for the Mother Country.

Dudley Feb 9th 2003 9:54 pm

You mean the national team is full of Poms that means that we cannot lose on Wednesday , I knew Kewell was of Pom stock and left Australia at 16 years old , lucky he did he could of ended up at Perth Glory on $800 a week.
The names of some of the other sub-standard players seem a bit iffy to be Poms , but nice to know you lads will be throwing the game for the Mother Country.

Really don't understand your interest - cann't imagine you could get on either team.

pommie bastard Feb 10th 2003 10:45 am

Really don't understand your interest - cann't imagine you could get on either team.

True then again the colours in the Australian shirt make me feel ill I would throw up all over it .

Dudley Feb 10th 2003 11:35 am

True then again the colours in the Australian shirt make me feel ill I would throw up all over it .

Clearly, does not take much at all to make you sick - sounds like you're totally knackered - best to ship back to the sheltered workshop.

pommie bastard Feb 10th 2003 11:44 am

Clearly, does not take much at all to make you sick - sounds like you're totally knackered - best to ship back to the sheltered workshop.

Yeah its been a bit warm here its taken it out of me some what ,right nose to the wheel back to making Australia weathly its an impossible job but theres so few of us to do it.

Dudley Feb 10th 2003 12:47 pm

Yeah its been a bit warm here its taken it out of me some what ,right nose to the wheel back to making Australia weathly its an impossible job but theres so few of us to do it.

Yah meant yah still haven't found what yer can plunder?

pommie bastard Feb 10th 2003 12:54 pm

Yah meant yah still haven't found what yer can plunder?
No Pal not as clever as you and you seem to play your cards close to your chest but always willing to learn .
But to be honest if I was wealthy or super rich Austalia would be the last place that I would live in , even the few Aussies that make it perfer not to be here .
Nice for holiday but thats as far as it goes , to far from a bit of life its okay for them who need a quiet life far away from the whats happening in the world.