Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

aussies favourite sport

aussies favourite sport

Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:45 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default aussies favourite sport

the news.com.au results certainly get my vote!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...127-2,00.html#
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussies favourite sport

Not surprised. Since the late sixties, at least, junior soccer clubs have had difficulty finding enough fields for the kids to play matches on. The trouble has been once they hit their mid-teens there was nowhere for them to go. The senior comp. had no support at all. Hope things will change now. Not before time!!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:05 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Once soccer gets bigger crowds than AFL, Cricket & Rugby it can quite rightly call itself Australias Fav sport.

Until then they can dream on.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:08 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Its odd that you posted this today. On the way to work this morning there was a story on the news on the radio saying that a poll was done and Australians favourite football code was Australian Rules They quoted that the outcome of the poll told that 6 in 10 people claim to have an interest in it.....

Will have to see if I cant find that story somewhere.....
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:26 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Hels
Its odd that you posted this today. On the way to work this morning there was a story on the news on the radio saying that a poll was done and Australians favourite football code was Australian Rules They quoted that the outcome of the poll told that 6 in 10 people claim to have an interest in it.....

I read recently that if you ask 1,000 people the same question, and collate the answers, then that counts as a statistically correct and valid representative survey of the question.

So if you ask 1,000 people outside a "soccer" ground, you may just get a different, yet still valid poll result to the same question outside an AFL ground

Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:28 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I read recently that if you ask 1,000 people the same question, and collate the answers, then that counts as a statistically correct and valid representative survey of the question.

So if you ask 1,000 people outside a "soccer" ground, you may just get a different, yet still valid poll result to the same question outside an AFL ground
I read once that a statistic showed that over 90% of statistics are made up on the spot
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:34 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i disagree. the quality of football in australia is poor, but that doesn't mean you can't prefer the game but watch the premiership (or the scottish premier league, lol).

what you state would be australias favourite spectator sport to watch live at the venue.

Originally Posted by Bordy
Once soccer gets bigger crowds than AFL, Cricket & Rugby it can quite rightly call itself Australias Fav sport.

Until then they can dream on.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:44 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hels

Yeah that would be this one Hels.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2862,00.html

It just shows we have lots of Fav Sports in Aus.
I'll stick with Aussie rules.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
the news.com.au results certainly get my vote!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...127-2,00.html#
And yet http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23211,00.html

(Bear in mind that this is from the same news network as the original link )
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I read once that a statistic showed that over 90% of statistics are made up on the spot
I always allow reasonable time to make mine up