Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussies in England

Aussies in England

Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future
Default Aussies in England

Hello, I was just wandering, we are always hearing about the thoughts of brits moving to oz. What are the thoughts of Austalians that have lived or live in britain.
What do you think of britain in comparison with oz (not just the weather) you know like, standard of living, cost of living and the difference in lifestyle?
Do you prefer blighty to oz or do you wish you could return to oz?

I just thought it would be interesting to know their views!

Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:16 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Aussies in England

Originally posted by sunnyj
Hello, I was just wandering, we are always hearing about the thoughts of brits moving to oz. What are the thoughts of Austalians that have lived or live in britain.
What do you think of britain in comparison with oz (not just the weather) you know like, standard of living, cost of living and the difference in lifestyle?

Good for hobbits.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:25 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aussies in England

Originally posted by sunnyj

When my hubby 1st arrived in England he thought it was the most expensive place on earth he landed at Heathrow and had to head down to Gatwick, the coach for the hour long journey cost him £19 that was when there were near on 3 AUD to the GPB so about $55 he nearly got back on the plane to head home thinking that he couldn't afford to stay here more than 2 days, However once he was earning the GBP his attitude changed. He loves it over here (except for the winter when he turns into the most misserable person I have ever met) His main worry about goin back to Australia is that all the places that are easy for us to get to from the UK will not be so easy or cheap to get to. Other than that we both think there are pro's and cons to either country and we have decided that it's Australia's turn to have us for a while.

He also cant wait to be able to wear no shoes in the Supermarket without me looking at him in horror and telling him off

Kala