Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AUSSIE wins miss universe contest !!!

Wikiposts

AUSSIE wins miss universe contest !!!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 4:45 am
mickj

Arrow AUSSIE wins miss universe contest !!!

QUITO, Ecuador (AP) - Miss Australia Jennifer Hawkins was named Miss Universe 2004 in a two-hour pageant in this Andean capital watched by hundreds of millions of television viewers around the world.

Hawkins, a five-foot-11-inch-tall blond with blue eyes, was chosen from among 80 beauty queens representing their respective countries. Canada was represented by 18-year-old high school graduate Venessa Fisher of Waterdown, Ont.. First runner-up was Miss USA Shandi Finnessey.

The ceremony took place at a convention centre on the northern outskirts of Quito, where 7,500 spectators gathered to witness the crowning.

The three other finalists were Miss Puerto Rico Alba Reyes, Miss Paraguay Yanina Gonzalez and Miss Trinidad & Tobago Danielle Jones.

The finalists were announced after 10 semi-finalists paraded in swimsuits.

Before the pageant began, singer Gloria Estefan defended the contest from critics who consider such events frivolous.

"A beautiful woman has very great powers to convince, and we have seen many misses who have done a great job," said the Cuban-American singer, who performed at the Miss Universe finals Tuesday night.

The panel of judges included Emilio Estefan, actress Bo Derek and supermodel Petra Nemcova.

Kwame Jackson, who was runner-up on the U.S. reality show The Apprentice, was dropped as a judge at the beauty event. Jackson was disqualified Monday by pageant organizers for greeting beauty queens he bumped into in the lobby of their hotel.
Attached Thumbnails AUSSIE wins miss universe contest !!!-e060203a.jpg  

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 6:59 am
PommieLeague

...and shes a footy fan (real footy, rugby league that is)!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:01 am
mickj

Oh really....who could have thunk that, she sure doesn't look like it does she? I would have thought she was more into mud wrestling and stuff

Originally posted by Lathlain
...and shes a footy fan (real footy, rugby league that is)!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised they still run that sad contest
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:09 am
WBB

Originally posted by Larissa
Surprised they still run that sad contest
the really sad thing is people who search the web for things like this to post here!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:11 am
mickj

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Nice teeth though
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

"Shandi" what a stoopid name
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:12 am
WBB

Originally posted by mickj
tired?

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:15 am
mickj

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:16 am
WBB

:rooleyes:
i think that is rolleyes!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am mega pi**ed off now. It gave away the runner up in the Apprentice, that is one of the only things I watch on the TV
And even worse it was Kwame he is a bit of a wet lettuce if you ask me.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:40 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AUSSIE wins miss universe contest !!!

QUITO, Ecuador (AP) - Miss Australia Jennifer Hawkins was named Miss Universe 2004
Hey mickj
I'm surprised coming from Canada like you do you weren't upset that your local girl didn't take the prize.
I know I was cheering for her............
Attached Thumbnails AUSSIE wins miss universe contest !!!-misscanada.jpg  
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
Hey mickj
I'm surprised coming from Canada like you do you weren't upset that your local girl didn't take the prize.
And who wouldn't? Now where did I park my bike?
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:49 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by manc1976
Hey mickj

pmsl...... i see she is wearin her mumblers

love boomie
xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.