Aussie Wildlife

Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Wildlife

Originally Posted by rasen78
Struggled to get photos of the birds here. Some beautiful ones, but they are too quick for me. I can cope with the koalas though. They're a bit slower

A cute echidna we spotted on the roadside on Kangaroo Island, and a beautiful mum and joey I almost bumped into on one of my walks

NB: Not sure why they're the wrong way, they're not on my laptop like that
Great photos Rasen

Can't help with orientation but I do know what you mean with the birds - we get loads in the garden (when we can keep the cat under control) and I never seem to get any good photos Talking of the cat and birds - she has brought us a few noisy mynah birds, a black bird, a pigeon, and a few others we haven't identified. Fortunately she doesn't kill them and we have managed to catch and release all but one who unfortunately died.

She is on her third collar with bell and this one seems to be staying so haven't had any presents for a while. We have had a magpie decide that he wanted to see the inside and has let himself in the door in the family room a couple of times - and back out the laundry side
Old Jan 25th 2016, 2:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Struggled to get photos of the birds here. Some beautiful ones, but they are too quick for me. I can cope with the koalas though. They're a bit slower

A cute echidna we spotted on the roadside on Kangaroo Island, and a beautiful mum and joey I almost bumped into on one of my walks

NB: Not sure why they're the wrong way, they're not on my laptop like that
its an iphone/ipad type thing - open them in the laptop as if to edit. turn them the right way and re-save them - usually works, its just a pain!

Lovely pics
Old Jan 26th 2016, 12:17 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
its an iphone/ipad type thing - open them in the laptop as if to edit. turn them the right way and re-save them - usually works, its just a pain!

Lovely pics
Don't have iphone/pad. Uploaded them from my laptop, where they are the right way round. Never happened before when I've uploaded photos
Old Jan 26th 2016, 4:20 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have iphone/pad. Uploaded them from my laptop, where they are the right way round. Never happened before when I've uploaded photos
Mine had to be turned round too as they loaded sideways at first, they looked ok on the laptop too - its some weird setting on the original device (whichever smartphone etc took them) that took the pic, and until they are re-saved once on the laptop they go screwy. Doesn't happen all the time though, which is whats is so maddening about it!!
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I counted 6 echidna's walking along the side of the road in Tas over the past few days. No stopping points on the road so no photos.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Beoz
I counted 6 echidna's walking along the side of the road in Tas over the past few days. No stopping points on the road so no photos.
Rats I'd love to have seen some pics of those .

Any marsupials or koalas
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

Any marsupials or koalas
Spotted the last one strolling up the side of the road, found the next turning (roads were very tight with banks on either side) came back, hanging out the car with camera's ready but it was gone.

Plenty of small wallaby things bounding about (not sure if they are roos, wallabies or something else) and they made for a tonne of road kill. In some areas there must be road kill every few hundred metres which is surprising considering the lack of cars on the road.

Saw a couple of tiger snakes basking in the sun. So I'm told the Tasmanian tiger snake is very timid and you only see them when the sun is out.

A few possums.

Saw a Platypus frolicking in the Gordon River.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OMG Platypus
Life long dream to see one in the wild. I nearly got to do this at Eungella Nat Park once upon a long time ago.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 11:12 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Platypus
Life long dream to see one in the wild. I nearly got to do this at Eungella Nat Park once upon a long time ago.

They can be seen regularly in the wild at Tidbinbilla reserve near Canberra. Just before dusk is the best time...

S
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Any marsupials or koalas
I see plenty of roos driving too and from work - definitely have to be careful at certain times of the day. Rasen has been the luckiest with koalas in the wild - I have to make do with a local wildlife park
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-dsc00062.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-dsc00073.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-dsc00013.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-dsc00016.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-dsc00024.jpg  

Old Jan 28th 2016, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Beoz
They are so common in Tassie aren't they? I did capture one on camera near Port Arthur last week though he rolled up in a ball before i could get a decent shot!
There was a devil prowling round me one night too but far too dark for a picture.

OMG Platypus
Saw a couple years ago in north Tassie - a guy took me out to a lake in a field where he knew there were a few and they turned up eventually. No pics though, that was days before iphones and it was twilight, too dark for pics without a flash.
Beautiful creatures
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-2-port-ipad-10-.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-2-port-ipad-9-.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:26 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I see plenty of roos driving too and from work - definitely have to be careful at certain times of the day. Rasen has been the luckiest with koalas in the wild - I have to make do with a local wildlife park
Most walks, I see one or more :biggrin:

Sea lions on Kangaroo Island and another big chap we saw on walk. I have a photo somewhere of a family of tawny frogmouths ROMFT and I saw one evening. I'll see if I can find it
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-20150929_112001.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-20150213_193526.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2016, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Kookaburra in a face-off with a scarecrow - pub garden at Toolangi Tavern, Toolangi, VIC. The Kookaburra sat there, seemingly captivated, for a good 10 -15 minutes

Superb Fairy Wren - Australian Garden, Royal Botanic Gardens, Cranbourne, VIC

Preying Mantis - in our garage, amongst the packing boxes after we first moved over.

Wedge-Tailed Eagle (I think) - Whisky Bay, Wilsons Promontory NP, VIC
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-s1140003.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-p1020567.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-p1000579.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-p1020719.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2016, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a baby Lemon Shark, in the shallows where we were paddling at Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands, QLD. Apologies for the blurred image, I was more worried where the mother shark was!
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-p1010171.jpg