Aussie Wildlife

Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie Wildlife

Share your wildlife photos......
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-m-p-505.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-m-p222.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-m-p429.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-m-p783.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-m-p791.jpg  

Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Wildlife

And a few more - my tame possum family, Martin my local scrub turkey, and the penguins are from Bicheno in TAssie
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-possums3.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-possums2.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-possums1.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-martin.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-penguins-2.jpg  

Old Jan 24th 2016, 8:45 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

That makes me jealous, I love the possums- here in Canada, our dangerous wildlife apart from rattlesnakes and black widows is big and furry, yours tends to be scaley, 8 legged or swims in the sea but still fascinating
Old Jan 25th 2016, 12:19 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie wildlife, natural habitat.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 1:50 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

Always partial to a spot of birdwatching...

S
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
That makes me jealous, I love the possums- here in Canada, our dangerous wildlife apart from rattlesnakes and black widows is big and furry, yours tends to be scaley, 8 legged or swims in the sea but still fascinating
At present I think I have about 8 possums that live in the trees around the garden. I put out stuff on the porch for them most nights and they will just sneak up and have a meal! Best when they have babies - once the baby is too big for the pouch he rides on the mum's back. Many times I've seen Mum sit up to chew on a bit of apple and the baby just slides off and lands in a heap. Once Mum got disturbed after the baby fell off and she ran for cover. Had to come back a few minutes later and sheepishly retrieve her youngster who was sitting there thinking "WTF where did my ride go? How do I get home now?"
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:46 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
At present I think I have about 8 possums that live in the trees around the garden. I put out stuff on the porch for them most nights and they will just sneak up and have a meal! Best when they have babies - once the baby is too big for the pouch he rides on the mum's back. Many times I've seen Mum sit up to chew on a bit of apple and the baby just slides off and lands in a heap. Once Mum got disturbed after the baby fell off and she ran for cover. Had to come back a few minutes later and sheepishly retrieve her youngster who was sitting there thinking "WTF where did my ride go? How do I get home now?"
That is so cute. As were the little penguins. We have had a family of raccoons living nearby which help themselves to our grapes on apergola. One night, dad was down below , mom up in the grapes with four babies popping up their heads playing peekaboo whilst guzzling our grapes- getting very dark and a little away from the house so no good photos but great to see. Black bear also come in and eat our grapes - I'm on my iPad so can't post more than one- cute .... At a distance- she just wanted grapes- she herself was sat on an arch with her butt about 7 feet off the ground. I had been gardening about 15 minutes before
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-image.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:37 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
That is so cute. As were the little penguins. We have had a family of raccoons living nearby which help themselves to our grapes on apergola. One night, dad was down below , mom up in the grapes with four babies popping up their heads playing peekaboo whilst guzzling our grapes- getting very dark and a little away from the house so no good photos but great to see. Black bear also come in and eat our grapes - I'm on my iPad so can't post more than one- cute .... At a distance- she just wanted grapes- she herself was sat on an arch with her butt about 7 feet off the ground. I had been gardening about 15 minutes before
Oh wow, thats amazing, a black bear in the garden! I've never seen raccoons, I imagine they are as cute as the possums!

The penguins are adorable, they nest on land and then go to sea all day, catch fish and then come back to the burrows and regurgitate it for the chicks to eat. If you are near a rookery its amazing as you can just stand and watch all the penguins coming out of the sea and walking up the beach -like in the picture -heading back to their burrows. Loved penguins for more years than I can remember and to watch them at close quarters is really such a privilege.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

So we ran in to this fella in Kuranda, just outside of Cairns, during the whistle stop tour of the country. Very cheeky chap who was looking to join us for dinner but ended up with vegetable spring rolls from another diner Definitely made me smile as I often hear them from where we live but son't often see them
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-img_0275.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-img_0278.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Had another feathery encounter at Alice Springs airport - I think he must have flown into the glass and stunned himself as I managed to get so close
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-img_0471.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-img_0472.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2016, 8:27 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Had another feathery encounter at Alice Springs airport - I think he must have flown into the glass and stunned himself as I managed to get so close
Awww they are cute, both Cairns and Alice. Hope the Alice one didn't have too bad a headache!
Old Jan 25th 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Awww they are cute, both Cairns and Alice. Hope the Alice one didn't have too bad a headache!
I'd just got through to a wildlife rescue person for advice when he seemed to 'come round' and after a couple of tentative hops, flew off without any lasting effects that I could see so good result really. Had another unique experience whilst in Alice ....
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-img_0456.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:08 am

And from Cairns .....
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-720.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-p1180787.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-714.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:18 am

I took so many photos on the trip last year - for Christmas I put lots into a photobook which was delivered to my grandson as he kept asking to see the pics. These are some of his favourites
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-img_0183.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-dsc00184.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-img_0247.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-img_0235.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:30 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Struggled to get photos of the birds here. Some beautiful ones, but they are too quick for me. I can cope with the koalas though. They're a bit slower

A cute echidna we spotted on the roadside on Kangaroo Island, and a beautiful mum and joey I almost bumped into on one of my walks

NB: Not sure why they're the wrong way, they're not on my laptop like that
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Wildlife-20150929_122558.jpg   Aussie Wildlife-20141209_195440.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.