Reload this Page >

Aussie Rules????

Aussie Rules????

Old May 15th 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie Rules????

Can anyone help me?

I am at the moment watching Aussie rules on Sky sports, and I love it.

But after only ever watching it 3 times, I still haven't a clue of any of the rules and most of the time don't even realise they have scored until I realise the score has gone up

Please can someone help me , but be gentle because I still don't understand the off side rule in soccer ( it's a woman thing)

Steph
Old May 15th 2004, 12:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Rules????

Originally posted by stefian
Can anyone help me?

But after only ever watching it 3 times, I still haven't a clue of any of the rules and most of the time don't even realise they have scored until I realise the score has gone up

Please can someone help me , but be gentle because I still don't understand the off side rule in soccer ( it's a woman thing)

Steph
The rule are explained on the Official AFL Website but basically ..... [deep breath]
The ball is played around by being kicked or punched out of the hand. If the ball travels through the air for more than 10m and is then caught, that is a mark. From a mark, the player can choose to play on or take a free kick. When the ball is kicked between the inner posts without touching a post or other player, that is a goal (6 points). If it touches post or player or goes through the outer posts, it is a behind (1 point). Enjoy the game. I won't spoil it by telling you the score (it was played last weekend) but it was a good game.
Old May 15th 2004, 12:20 pm
PommieLeague

Theres a better sport to see www.nrl.com www.superleague.co.uk

Old May 15th 2004, 12:22 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Can anyone help me?

Steph
My Mrs is the same Stef, she wasn't a sports lover back home but she loves the Aussie Rules. Heres hoping you become a good Essendon fan
Old May 15th 2004, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbane Lions
Old May 15th 2004, 12:41 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Brisbane Lions
Bah, stay in the UK if you're gonna follow them.

Old May 15th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

says someone who supports Charlton Athletic!!
Old May 15th 2004, 12:46 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane Lions
Me too. Not started too well this year but then they have to give the others a chance sometime
Old May 15th 2004, 12:50 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by wmoore
Me too. Not started too well this year but then they have to give the others a chance sometime
That's Essendon's excuse. The Lions need to find their own.
Old May 15th 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
My Mrs is the same Stef, she wasn't a sports lover back home but she loves the Aussie Rules. Heres hoping you become a good Essendon fan
Why Essendon?

I've been a Saints fan for a while now and am pleased to see their trip to uk for training paid off! I have tipped them every week on oztips and delighted to see I'm climbing the ladder
This is from a woman who still can't understand cricket or the off side rule in British soccer
BTW Bordy I'm "mmim" on oz tips
Old May 15th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

elbow is an unknown quantity at this point

Brisbane Lions
Nah, you wanna go with the mighty St Kilda, unbeaten after 8 games. They are the "Arsenal" of AFL. Go Saints!
Old May 15th 2004, 7:10 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

No you need to support the dockers daughter goes and watches their training session on a tuesday night. She has sent us some interesting photos
Old May 15th 2004, 8:17 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Brisbane Lions

Definately - the past few years proves they're the best

AFL is picked up a lot easier if you go to the games... there's a lot you can't see on the TV, so when you get there, get yourself along to a couple, even if its just local league
Old May 15th 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

anzen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rules? I didn't think they had any rules.

I have been watching the game on and off for years, and to me, it still looks like a bunch of headless chooks running around trying to see who can jump higher than the other.

They then get to kick a ball through the largest, most open set of posts in the history of sport. And when they do (every two or three seconds) respond as though it was diffifcult.

C'mon, any game that results in scores of over 100 in an hour or so, is a bit sus.

Old May 15th 2004, 9:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by anzen12
C'mon, any game that results in scores of over 100 in an hour or so, is a bit sus.
You're not into snooker then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.