Aussie Rules

Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie Rules

Divorce pending. Largely due to uninterrupted Super 12, 6 Nations (less said, the better though), NRL and AFL on the telly. On the plus side, there is a very comfy bum hollow on my couch.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichS
I'm surprised that Melbourne has actually even noticed that Union and League exist. They are so parochial and paranoid about their AFL down there its not funny. When I've been there they seem to get a really noticeable little brother syndrome about anything NSW or Sydney, particularly other sports.

Have to disagree re the Footy Show thing. I can't stand the NRL one.
I remember when Melbourne hosted one union international and AFL was up in arms over the potential damage in ratings. I really should get to a swannies game to see what the fuss is all about.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:17 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
I remember when Melbourne hosted one union international and AFL was up in arms over the potential damage in ratings. I really should get to a swannies game to see what the fuss is all about.
Naahhh, not the Swans cos it will be crap!! and the kit is nasty

Please note that the AFL was up in arms, not necessarily the PEOPLE of Vic!!

PS welcome home BP, hope you had a decent trip under the circumstances.....
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

between the 2 threads I can feel we're going to come to blows soon (virtual blows I guess).

Nope - have been to Melbourne on several occasions and can say they are mad as buckets in their parochialism. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but thats what I found.

I went to see England play Australia at the Dome and the local radio station had people taking a questionnaire on the rules of the game. The broadsheet paper that day had printed a "15 handy tips" column about rugby too. So lots of even handed exposure during the year then...or not.

The local tabloid had a whole page up in arms about the AFL giving "alien codes" a "free kick" by having a mid season break. whats all that about?

Barking all of them. Come on the Swannies
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
Naahhh, not the Swans cos it will be crap!! and the kit is nasty

Please note that the AFL was up in arms, not necessarily the PEOPLE of Vic!!

PS welcome home BP, hope you had a decent trip under the circumstances.....
AFL kit in general is a bit odd.

The trip was good. It marked a change in eras in the family with the first of the next generation there and more on the way. It felt good just being with the people that matter in such circumstances.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:41 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

between the 2 threads I can feel we're going to come to blows soon (virtual blows I guess).
Hope not Rich as i'm only bantering you and as a pom i would expect you to give it back without ANY blows comig into the equasion

Nope - have been to Melbourne on several occasions and can say they are mad as buckets in their parochialism. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but thats what I found.
Perhaps that cos you're from Sydney
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hope not Rich as i'm only bantering you and as a pom i would expect you to give it back without ANY blows comig into the equasion

Perhaps that cos you're from Sydney
consider yourself virtually blown (!)

I'm off into the elements shortly before venturing to Souths Juniors to catch the game tonight.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:25 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
AFL kit in general is a bit odd.

Ever since I first watched a game in the 1980s, I have known it as "Vest Fighting". The only two things one could work out from a first viewing of the sport back then..
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

consider yourself virtually blown (!)
OMG!! whats wrong with you and Bordy today!!!

LOL
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

OMG!! whats wrong with you and Bordy today!!!

LOL
Thats below the belt. !!!!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Bordy
Thats below the belt. !!!!
STOP IT!!
Old Mar 19th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

STOP IT!!
I'm just back from that walk in the rain last night....hmmm hevs I suspect you have a less than angelic mind!