Aussie Rules

Old Apr 4th 2002, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Bones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie Rules

Hi all,

calling all sports-mad families,

just posting to point out that the new aussie rules season has begun and you can soothe the long waiting period by getting into this great Aussie sport. Channel 5 broadcasts it in the small hours of thursday morning so set your vids.

Once down-under its a great family event to go and watch the games, very kids friendly, and relatively cheap, about $30-$40 for a family of 4 compared to about £90 for the same family to watch a premier league football match in uk!

enjoy,
Pete
Old Apr 4th 2002, 8:35 pm
Smiley

Default Re: Aussie Rules

And if you are in the US, FoxSportsNet at 11pm (east Coast) Thursdays also is running
coverage of one game/week. (they may have Sunday coverage as well, but it will be the
PREVIOUS weeks game).

Smiley

Bones <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > calling all sports-mad families,
    >
    > just posting to point out that the new aussie rules season has begun and you can
    > soothe the long waiting period by getting into this great Aussie sport. Channel 5
    > broadcasts it in the small hours of thursday morning so set your vids.
    >
    > Once down-under its a great family event to go and watch the games, very kids
    > friendly, and relatively cheap, about $30-$40 for a family of 4 compared to about
    > £90 for the same family to watch a premier league football match in uk!
    >
    > enjoy, Pete

Old Apr 4th 2002, 8:35 pm
Andy Ball

cool - always wondered why its called Aussie Rules ? maybe cos their aint any

--
Andy Ball Greenfell Computing Ltd http://www.sharepointcode.com

"Bones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > calling all sports-mad families,
    >
    > just posting to point out that the new aussie rules season has begun and you can
    > soothe the long waiting period by getting into this great Aussie sport. Channel 5
    > broadcasts it in the small hours of thursday morning so set your vids.
    >
    > Once down-under its a great family event to go and watch the games, very kids
    > friendly, and relatively cheap, about $30-$40 for a family of 4 compared to about
    > £90 for the same family to watch a premier league football match in uk!
    >
    > enjoy, Pete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 4th 2002, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wannastay is an unknown quantity at this point

if you end up moving to Victoria, you will have more "Aussie Rules" than you can shake a stick at.....to the exclusion of all other sports.

all you rugby fans out there - make sure that when you come over, you leave a responsible adult in the UK to tape the 6 Nations, and the Premiership Rugby Union matches, as there is NO coverage of ANY sport that doesnt directly involve Australia.

you will also need to get Foxtel (equiv of Sky) to watch the Super 12 if you live in Victoria.

In summary - Victoria for Australian Rules "Cross Country Basketball", New South Wales for Rugby Union/League. Why on earth did i come to Victoria ???!! lmao !!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:28 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Wannastay
if you end up moving to Victoria, you will have more "Aussie Rules" than you can shake a stick at.....to the exclusion of all other sports.

all you rugby fans out there - make sure that when you come over, you leave a responsible adult in the UK to tape the 6 Nations, and the Premiership Rugby Union matches, as there is NO coverage of ANY sport that doesnt directly involve Australia.

you will also need to get Foxtel (equiv of Sky) to watch the Super 12 if you live in Victoria.

In summary - Victoria for Australian Rules "Cross Country Basketball", New South Wales for Rugby Union/League. Why on earth did i come to Victoria ???!! lmao !!

Get some FACTS right! NSW/Qld is rugby LEAGUE country not union apart from about 6 super 12 games a year.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:12 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Get some FACTS right! NSW/Qld is rugby LEAGUE country not union apart from about 6 super 12 games a year.

And thats why you moved to Perth.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bones
just posting to point out that the new aussie rules season has begun and you can soothe the long waiting period by getting into this great Aussie sport. Channel 5 broadcasts it in the small hours of thursday morning so set your vids.
Can't see it on Five's schedules. It has been on Sky the last few years, albeit a week behind (GF was live though ) but their schedules don't go far enough forward to see if it's back this year.

Hope so. Go Lions.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lathlain

Thats not strictly true it comes down to Private/State Schooling as to which came you play(normally)
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bordy
And thats why you moved to Perth.
But you've got to love the way he replied to a post in his usual fashion a mere 2 years after it was posted.

That having been said the League season got off to a flyer last week, and this week looks to have some great gamse too.

Chuck in the AFL season kick off on Easter weekend, the EPL and ECL reaching their climax, the last round of 6 nations + the Super 12, and March really is the best sporting month of the year.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:46 am
Badge

Originally Posted by RichS
But you've got to love the way he replied to a post in his usual fashion a mere 2 years after it was posted.

That having been said the League season got off to a flyer last week, and this week looks to have some great gamse too.

Chuck in the AFL season kick off on Easter weekend, the EPL and ECL reaching their climax, the last round of 6 nations + the Super 12, and March really is the best sporting month of the year.
yes...agreed.

I would eventually like to get Foxtel for Australian Rugby League, Super 12 and Rugby Union Internationals, the best game(s) in the world in my opinion. I like both - I prefer League for domestic games, rugby union for internationals.

I tape delayed League games from Channel Nine here in Melbourne, they are live in Sydney. The Australian internationals are also delayed if not live even in Melbourne. I am not too put out by this, I am so grateful they show it at all.(!)

Melbourne Storm is No 1 on the Ladder after week 1 after a hammering of the Knights - Matt Orford must be looking for rep footy this year!

I keep a watching brief on AFL and have decided to pay more attention this year. Have to say, the NRL Footy show knocks the spots off the AFL Footy show - the AFL show is completely pedestrian by comparison.

Badge

Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:49 am
PommieLeague

Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I'm surprised that Melbourne has actually even noticed that Union and League exist. They are so parochial and paranoid about their AFL down there its not funny. When I've been there they seem to get a really noticeable little brother syndrome about anything NSW or Sydney, particularly other sports.

Have to disagree re the Footy Show thing. I can't stand the NRL one.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised that Melbourne has actually even noticed that Union and League exist. They are so parochial and paranoid about their AFL down there its not funny. When I've been there they seem to get a really noticeable little brother syndrome about anything NSW or Sydney, particularly other sports.
Rich, your talkin out of your arse mate!! (especially as you don't even live here. Who's being parochial now???)

I have both male and female clients who are mad on footie, leauge, cricket, GP, tennis etc etc. I have never heard anyone NSW bashing, although they do tend to support Vic teams, as you would expect
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:06 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs

I have both male and female clients

You any idea how bad that sounds. :scared:
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
You any idea how bad that sounds. :scared:
LMAO!! But its true and they all love me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.