Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Resume Writers - Recommendations ?

Aussie Resume Writers - Recommendations ?

Old Dec 10th 2004, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie Resume Writers - Recommendations ?

Was looking at using a Resume writing service to get my UK CV sorted out - does anyone have any recommendations who to use.
I was thinking of "Aussie Resumes" but cant find any reviews or comments.

Help much appreciated - my CV is no state for immigration to Aus so any advice grateful.

Mike

Old Dec 10th 2004, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aussie Resume Writers - Recommendations ?

Mike,

I've done pretty well with my and my partner's resumes but thought this might help you more. These links all go to Australian resume and coverletter links. Best to you!

http://www.careerone.com.au/resource...-22548,00.html

http://www.careerone.com.au/resource...-22548,00.html

http://www.mycareer.com.au/articles/...ces/index.html
Old Dec 10th 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info - having looked I think I just need a bit of creative flair to maximise full potential of my cv. Being technical difficult to put decide what is and what is not important and use the right words.
Old Dec 10th 2004, 7:28 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike, the advice from the Australian Government when writing resume's to employers is as follows :

Keep it to two pages if poss.
The latest buzz words are "transferable skills" - what you can bring with you .
I recommend starting with an opening paragraph about you, then list skills and experiences in point form, then list qualifications in point form( Aussies love qualifications).
Then list your employment history,go back about ten years-keep it brief-title,responsibilities and achievements.
After that list in point form jobs before that .
Resume's to employers must be tailored to the job you are applying for, so have a general master resume that you can tweek.
Recruitment agencies seem to like more extensive resumes so they can pick over them to job match you.
Remember that a resume is designed to get you an interview so it must grab the employer in the first page,so you go in the maybe file and not the bin file.
If you want to send me your draft I'll look it over and give you some suggestions
Regards,
Steve Bowes Melhelp

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Thanks for the info - having looked I think I just need a bit of creative flair to maximise full potential of my cv. Being technical difficult to put decide what is and what is not important and use the right words.