aussie radio

Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:17 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default aussie radio

Just thought i'd go online and listen to some radio from Melbourne.Listened to one of those live talk radio/phone in jobbies.The first words i heard were 'cliff richard' .Jeeeez 12,000 miles away and you still cant get rid of him.
Then they proceeded to moan about the weather I thought that was a job for the poms

Sounds like Aus radio is just as bad as blighties

Lee
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:33 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie radio

nah.... 3 weeks in QLD and I can honestly say Aus radio is FAR worse than here!!

No BBC, everything is commercial.... loads of weird and wonderful adverts, and the phone ins; Well they're just as bad here as there tbh!
Music is pants too, but I'm sure i'll find a station that suits me once I get there!

I think a combination of radio 4 and Radio 1 style programmes and I'll be a happy bunny, otherwise it'll be listen again forever more! Thank goodness for Broadband!!!!

Other annoying thing... NO DAB radio... apparently they are going to launch DAB+ in Aus in the next couple of years.... so your DAB radios here won't ever work as they don't support the + format!!! (Ebay for mine!)

Ali x
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:03 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
nah.... 3 weeks in QLD and I can honestly say Aus radio is FAR worse than here!!

No BBC, everything is commercial.... loads of weird and wonderful adverts, and the phone ins; Well they're just as bad here as there tbh!
Music is pants too, but I'm sure i'll find a station that suits me once I get there!

I think a combination of radio 4 and Radio 1 style programmes and I'll be a happy bunny, otherwise it'll be listen again forever more! Thank goodness for Broadband!!!!

Other annoying thing... NO DAB radio... apparently they are going to launch DAB+ in Aus in the next couple of years.... so your DAB radios here won't ever work as they don't support the + format!!! (Ebay for mine!)

Ali x
Hi all - - -I'm in SA and was totally gobsmacked when I heard a radio presenter say the word "wanker". It was about 10 am!!!

The telly is so censored with cartoons getting a 15 rating!! but they can say "wanker" with no repercussions.

The music is repetitive as they haven't got that many home grown artists but its of a good quality and they play plenty of Robbie!!!! They seem to like him.

It took a bit of getting used to (we've been here a year) but its fine now.

The thing i can't get my head around is reading a magazine or watching tv and not knowing who the "**ck" they are talking about. - - -totally different celebs in the news - -mind you i didn't really care about them in the UK,so no matter really.

xRachx
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:07 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i must admit to not really liking the ads on the radio much...my husband has to have the radio alarm in the morning and being woken up by

"do you have a penile erection problem?" isn't by idea of bliss!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:22 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
i must admit to not really liking the ads on the radio much...my husband has to have the radio alarm in the morning and being woken up by

"do you have a penile erection problem?" isn't by idea of bliss!!!!
and does he suffer from the aformentioned defect ??
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:23 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

if you want some hilarious Aussie radio I recommend 2GB..the station my brother says is for 'old folk'. They have an entertainment show in the evenings (I listen to it in the mornings here in London coz it cracks me up) with the doctor in, an antiques expert, the vet etc. Sometimes it's actually very entertaining, beats BBC Radio 1 which is what's on in the office all flipping day.

But after that their 'shock jock' comes on and man does he have some controversial views. Doesn't believe in global warming and thinks everyone who does is plain stupid. He's not controversial in the American radio sense but often his callers are racist and they just let them blether on. He sometimes gets drunk people calling in too, that's always good for a laugh.

Therese
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

No BBC, everything is commercial.... ...
Is there no Radio National up there? Admittedly it's ABC not BBC.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:34 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Just thought i'd go online and listen to some radio from Melbourne.Listened to one of those live talk radio/phone in jobbies.The first words i heard were 'cliff richard' .Jeeeez 12,000 miles away and you still cant get rid of him.
Then they proceeded to moan about the weather I thought that was a job for the poms

Lee
we have a website, which is purely a hobby, you can listen to RADIO from every state in AUstralia

http://getfqd.com/country/australia/
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Ali x
ABC has Radio National, Classic FM, Newsradio and JJJ - all of which have country-wide coverage. Every town is also covered by a local ABC radio station. In Sydney it's 2BL. All ABC stations are ad-free (apart from ads for ABC stuff).

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:41 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

Lee
lee - this is pretty useful, loads of live streaming - just choose whichever state and away you go:

http://theradio.com.au/Default.aspx?PageID=58
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:49 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Thanks for the links folks

Lee
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:07 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: aussie radio

No BBC, everything is commercial....
You've somehow overlooked the ABC and Triple J.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi all - - -I'm in SA and was totally gobsmacked when I heard a radio presenter say the word "wanker". It was about 10 am!!!

The telly is so censored with cartoons getting a 15 rating!! but they can say "wanker" with no repercussions.

xRachx
Rach - "wanker" does have the same "strength" of coarseness/rudeness as it does in the UK.

On the other hand, "cock-up" was one of the strongest, worst expressions I heard when I moved to the UK from Oz!!! Much worse than F-up.

What I'm trying to demonstrate is that different cultures have different meanings etc
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Rach - "wanker" does have the same "strength" of coarseness/rudeness as it does in the UK.

On the other hand, "cock-up" was one of the strongest, worst expressions I heard when I moved to the UK from Oz!!! Much worse than F-up.

What I'm trying to demonstrate is that different cultures have different meanings etc
Another example is that in the USA they use the work the "pissed" all the time on radio /TV etc .. anytime of the day
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:24 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

sunshine fm for me,,,

i quite like hearing a psalm on the way to work(is that how you spell it,jeez thats a hard one,,has its got a p bob or not)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.