Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment.

Skills Assessment.

Old Mar 3rd 2001, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Not having much luck getting anyone to answer to my posts, perhaps someone can help with this one, we were told not to send any original documents with our PR application unless the form stated they should be sent, we attended a seminar in Leeds, by Australian Outlook where we were again told not to send originals unless it was required by the form yet from reading other threads on this site it seems that some of you are sending original trade assessments, do you know something about this we don't?

Chris.
Old Mar 3rd 2001, 9:58 pm
J S Uppal

Hi,

You are required to send the original skills assessment with your application. (Most of
these skills assessments have built-in security features that do not appear on
photocopies.)

It is advisable to photocopy the skills assessment and have the copies certified for your
own records.

Ciao,

J S Uppal Regd Migration Agent No: 9803103 Sydney, Australia.
http://firms.findlaw.com/JSUppal

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 4th 2001, 1:30 am
Lamb

You should not sent originals unless u r sure they would be return. A copy with a Notary
Public certification stamps are the norm....

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 5th 2001, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Default Assesments

Hi,
Thanks for the replies I'm still totally confused though,I thought I had it sussed, the notes on the application form say (i've just checked) that you should not send any originals unless they are asked for, and it does not ask for the original of the assessment, so Lamb it seems you're right, any further other offers with the definitive answer?

Chris.

Old Mar 6th 2001, 8:34 am
Mark & Jackie Higgins

hi Chris.........we were told don't send origonals....get certified copies....we did this
, sent of the info for assesment and got it passed in 3 weeks !!!.......hope this helps
Mark Chris wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Mar 6th 2001, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who replied to this one, I guess that as its not stated on the form that they want originals but it does say dont send originals unless asked for then there is no right or wrong, its down to how the individuals interpretation, we'll find in the next few months, I'll post what happens on here for future applicants.

Chris.