aussie pubs

Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:24 pm
dazuk

Default aussie pubs

well the pommie dreamers may well get exiceted over long hot humid sydney summers and living in a large pre-fab. (the ones knocked up in the UK after the war, now long demolished)

Do they however envisage pubs that have the atmosphere of venus?? Maybe they long to put there 50 buck notes in pokies, due to the total lack of social interaction that occurs in ozzie 'pubs'?. Then again they could stay home and watch blue heelers or ystrain story??

Then again the RSLs are great as well, the aussie social life certainly makes europe look very dull and backward in comparison.

Dream on

Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:29 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie pubs

Originally posted by dazuk
well the pommie dreamers may well get exiceted over long hot humid sydney summers and living in a large pre-fab. (the ones knocked up in the UK after the war, now long demolished)

Do they however envisage pubs that have the atmosphere of venus?? Maybe they long to put there 50 buck notes in pokies, due to the total lack of social interaction that occurs in ozzie 'pubs'?. Then again they could stay home and watch blue heelers or ystrain story??

Then again the RSLs are great as well, the aussie social life certainly makes europe look very dull and backward in comparison.

Dream on
Must be nice to have daddy back home
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Dream on
PBs replacement!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Daz is making important points for anyone who wants to be concerned with what their future is actually going to be like.

Oz pubs are dead and depressing places compared to their UK counterparts, and gambling is a huge problem here that is affecting many of the poorer people. Gambling beyond your means is an issue everywhere of course these days, but Oz could write the book on it. It is all part of the desperation and lack of a route forward in life that people feel here more and more these days.

You are coming to a country that has its best days behind it. It used to be the case that it did not matter what the pubs, etc were like, because the life was so good - the stuff of pom dreams and that was when the myth of Oz was born. Now that the life is so ordinary and the day to day compensations for being at the end of the world (large house with big gardens, very low crime) are either increasingly beyond people's means or already gone (Oz probably has the worst crime rates in the world overall) it is just an ordinary, isolated place with poor job prospects for anything except trades, high crime, poor access to the rest of the world, very low wages, and a bored, disaffected, druggie youth. To me, Oz's future is bleak and I would never emigrate here from the UK now. The UK's future is much healthier and (very importantly) will provide you with stimulation for life. It is better to live in the world whilst you are alive than come to Oz and climb in your box early, and that comes from a retired man, not some young livewire.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

You talk so much rubbish Wilf it's not even worth reading your posts.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bryank
You talk so much rubbish Wilf it's not even worth reading your posts.

I would prefer it if you put me on your ignore list of people, Bry. That way, you would not have to suffer my rubbish.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live in a pub. Drink is not the be all and end all of my life.

If there is information amongst that load of drivel, then the wording of it may have been taken in a lot differently if he hadn't wrote it with a red hot poker stuck up his arse.

Not nice when others are rude is it ?

Whisky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:50 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Im not that much of a pub drinker anyway, so im not bothered.

One thing that i will sincerely miss however, is sitting outside with a few mates in a country pub beer garden at 10pm, still light, nice temperature etc. Bliss.

Aussie pubs don't do it for me personally...i prefer the country style pubs over here. I'd much rather be at a mates house having a bbq and a few beers tho, wherever i am.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by PeteY
Im not that much of a pub drinker anyway, so im not bothered.

One thing that i will sincerely miss however, is sitting outside with a few mates in a country pub beer garden at 10pm, still light, nice temperature etc. Bliss.

Aussie pubs don't do it for me personally...i prefer the country style pubs over here. I'd much rather be at a mates house having a bbq and a few beers tho, wherever i am.

Nicely put petey

Whisky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by whisky
I don't live in a pub. Drink is not the be all and end all of my life.

If there is information amongst that load of drivel, then the wording of it may have been taken in a lot differently if he hadn't wrote it with a red hot poker stuck up his arse.

Not nice when others are rude is it ?

Whisky

He is writing it from his point of view having lived here. Have you not read Daz's story? If everyone wrote things from their point of view rather than saying what they hope/believe will be the case, then a forum like this would be a very useful thing to help people make up their minds. This forum will become a place to find out how to fill in the forms and nothing else.

Drink is not the be all and end all of many people's lives, Whisky, and I would be surprised if it was yours. Daz's point was about the lack of social stimulation here and you will find how right he is should you ever make the mistake of emigrating here.

I am curious about some of the things you have written here. What do you and your husband do for a living?
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Wilf
He is writing it from his point of view having lived here. Have you not read Daz's story? If everyone wrote things from their point of view rather than saying what they hope/believe will be the case, then a forum like this would be a very useful thing to help people make up their minds. This forum will become a place to find out how to fill in the forms and nothing else.

Drink is not the be all and end all of many people's lives, Whisky, and I would be surprised if it was yours. Daz's point was about the lack of social stimulation here and you will find how right he is should you ever make the mistake of emigrating here.

I am curious about some of the things you have written here. What do you and your husband do for a living?
I am curious about some of the things you have written here.
What country do you live in? Whereabouts in that country? What did you do fo a living before you retired?

Whisky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am curious about some of the things you have written here.
What country do you live in? Whereabouts in that country? What did you do fo a living before you retired?

Whisky
I live in Oz. I used to be a carpenter and joiner, and a very good one too.

Now you will return the compliment and tell me what you and your husband do for a living?
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

what part of Oz?
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

what part of Oz?

I have told you the answers to 2 of your three questions.

You have not returned the compliment. Will you not say what you and your husband do for a living?
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

Dream on
Britain has some of the best pubs in the world.

If you life revolves solely around going to the pub then it's probably not a good idea to migrate to Australia. People do most of their drinking at home (in their backyards, on verandas / porches, etc) - or going camping - usually somewhere outside because they don't need to seek refuge from miserable weather by going inside a pub to get drunk.

Traditional Aus pubs are a bit dire, but in the cities there are plenty of 'mock' English and Irish pubs which often are plasticky versions of pubs in England/Ireland. But the are fine to go have a drink (and buy food). Sadly 'country style pubs' are very few and far between but are slowly catching on.

There's plenty of alternative entertainment than going to the pub here in Aus.

AndyH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.