Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie police checks taking weeks!

Aussie police checks taking weeks!

Old May 13th 2004, 8:41 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Aussie police checks taking weeks!

Sent the police check form to Oz 9 weeks ago and still not a bloody thing!! I have previously heard that 8 weeks is not uncommon at the moment but it's starting to drive me up the wall!

Anybody any idea how I can contact the Aussie police to check they have my request and are dealing with it?
Old May 13th 2004, 9:31 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'm in the same boat and it's driving me insane as it's the last thing we need to send. I've been waiting one week less than you.

I've tried asking for confirmation they've received the application, but they're not able to tell you.

I'm gonna phone tonight. What they can advise is what date they're currently upto. I'll let you know. The e-mail address and phone number to contact them are on their website which is afp.gov.au

I'll let you know when they arrive although you'll hopefully have yours' by then.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:36 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie police checks taking weeks!

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Sent the police check form to Oz 9 weeks ago and still not a bloody thing!! I have previously heard that 8 weeks is not uncommon at the moment but it's starting to drive me up the wall!

Anybody any idea how I can contact the Aussie police to check they have my request and are dealing with it?
What a nightmare Kentish Man. It is so frustrating when it is out of your control.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cant help with yours, but I do have a set of police checks here that are about 9 months old now, came back clean, never been used, going cheap if anyone wants them. Only catch is you have to have the same name as Dagboy .
Old May 14th 2004, 7:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie police checks taking weeks!

Originally posted by Kentish Man

Did you remember to attach the $50 note, you know what these Aussie coppers are like.
Old May 14th 2004, 5:09 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Any results with your phone call diddy?

I've been waiting for 8 weeks as well - I've already missed the first deadline and it's looking like I might miss the second deadline as well... I wish they would get a move on!
Old May 14th 2004, 7:41 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Spoke to them last night and they're currently completing on applications from the first week of March, so I think we've still got a couple of weeks to go.

I'll let you know as soon as mine arrives.

Originally posted by saraliz
Any results with your phone call diddy?

I've been waiting for 8 weeks as well - I've already missed the first deadline and it's looking like I might miss the second deadline as well... I wish they would get a move on!
Old May 16th 2004, 9:12 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by diddy
Hi,

Spoke to them last night and they're currently completing on applications from the first week of March, so I think we've still got a couple of weeks to go.

I'll let you know as soon as mine arrives.
Good keep us informed! I'll update you all if I hear anything.

For me the worst thing is not knowing whether they have the request or whether it's lost in transit somewhere. As I originally forwarded my de facto application in February and Aussie police check request in early March I wasn't worried about getting everything sorted for a September departure but it's getting near the time where I should be booking flights!!

Ah well, patience is a virtue............

Old May 17th 2004, 11:30 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

I just found out that they do have my application, as I phoned the bank that did my interantional money order and they were able to find out that the cheque was presented a couple of weeks ago.
Old May 17th 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

did you front load your application with police/medicals?

Im still waiting, I was requesed to send medical/police checks end of March, and I sent my police checks last week in April, medicals went around this time too.

whats this dead line people keep talking about?

cheers
Old May 17th 2004, 4:54 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by itsasecret
did you front load your application with police/medicals?

Im still waiting, I was requesed to send medical/police checks end of March, and I sent my police checks last week in April, medicals went around this time too.

whats this dead line people keep talking about?

cheers
When I received my request from DIMIA to get the medicals/police checks done (skilled independent) they gave me a deadline to return them by, which was 70 days from the date they posted the letter.
Old May 18th 2004, 7:13 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

I came to the end of my deadline a couple of weeks ago. You just need to e-mail your'e case officer and hopefully they'll say it's OK to have an extension. By all accounts, this is quite a well known delay.