Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie plod.....

Aussie plod.....

Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie plod.....

Travelled today on the Bruce highway from edmonton to the Northern Beaches.

Nothing unusual, 2 littlepeeps in the back, me driving.

Am followed, lane for lane by the Aussie plod.

I take the left hand lane, they follow me. I go to the middle laNE, THEY FOLLOW ME.

Starting to feel a bit guilty now...even tho' I've done nothing wrong....

We all have belts on, car is taxed and insured and road worthy, not speedy, not drunk (obviously)....

Get to the traffic lights, have to stop on red and look in the rear view mirror...

AUSSIE PLOD have a plasma 'big game' sized pc in the front of the vehicle and both men are checking it out...

What's going on???

Happy to say that they got bored of my 'safe' driving after 5K and went to bother someone else. Not before they drove alongside me to check out my tires.

Revenue plot or Pommie not used to such a police presence?

Theres way more plod here than we ever saw in the UK, particularly traffic plod.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: Aussie plod.....

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Travelled today on the Bruce highway from edmonton to the Northern Beaches.

Nothing unusual, 2 littlepeeps in the back, me driving.

Am followed, lane for lane by the Aussie plod.

I take the left hand lane, they follow me. I go to the middle laNE, THEY FOLLOW ME.

Starting to feel a bit guilty now...even tho' I've done nothing wrong....

We all have belts on, car is taxed and insured and road worthy, not speedy, not drunk (obviously)....

Get to the traffic lights, have to stop on red and look in the rear view mirror...

AUSSIE PLOD have a plasma 'big game' sized pc in the front of the vehicle and both men are checking it out...

What's going on???

Happy to say that they got bored of my 'safe' driving after 5K and went to bother someone else. Not before they drove alongside me to check out my tires.

Revenue plot or Pommie not used to such a police presence?

Theres way more plod here than we ever saw in the UK, particularly traffic plod.
That sounds like quite a scary experience to me. I think I would be on to my husband begging for help because I am being stalked!!

I have heard in some countries that people posing as 'plods' have pulled people (generally vulnerable females) over pretending something was wrong only to rob or rape them. I would definitely be freaked!!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
That sounds like quite a scary experience to me. I think I would be on to my husband begging for help because I am being stalked!!

I have heard in some countries that people posing as 'plods' have pulled people (generally vulnerable females) over pretending something was wrong only to rob or rape them. I would definitely be freaked!!
Well, I would have called ste on the mobile but for the fact that he got 3 points and a $250 fine a few weeks back for talking on his mobile, whilst driving. Yes, knob head, I have no sympathy for him.

Anyhow, yes, it was a bit freaky, as they followed me for so long and I didn't put a foot wrong.

Definitley a revenue increasing exercise, me thinks. Either that or they knew I make a damn fine BBQ and they were going to follow me home!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:48 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Well, I would have called ste on the mobile but for the fact that he got 3 points and a $250 fine a few weeks back for talking on his mobile, whilst driving. Yes, knob head, I have no sympathy for him.

Anyhow, yes, it was a bit freaky, as they followed me for so long and I didn't put a foot wrong.

Definitley a revenue increasing exercise, me thinks. Either that or they knew I make a damn fine BBQ and they were going to follow me home!!!!
While you case does seam a bit much, i like the fact that there are plenty of cops on the roads.
If as you were all legal then nothing to worry about , the cops here let the cameras do all the work now.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Perthforme
While you case does seam a bit much, i like the fact that there are plenty of cops on the roads.
If as you were all legal then nothing to worry about , the cops here let the cameras do all the work now.
Yes, absolutely correct. very reassuring that there are lots of plod on the road (albeit because theres a shocking number of RTA'S here).

Still, for little old me, who's done nothing wrong ( and carries catholic guilt - "something's happened, therefore it must be my fault") it WAS a bit unnerving.

Have to add that I was breath tested last November, up here too - my first ever encounter with a pair of plod and my pants were brown - I don't mind telling you.... Full flashing lights, pulled over on the highway, asked about "who" owns my car etc etc....

Idiots.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Don't worry Leigh, when I get there they'll all be too busy chasing me on my bike with loud exhaust, small plate, black visor and propensity for excessive speed!

I reckon my licence will last about 2 minutes

Andy

PS - I got stopped here once for going too slowly. Seriously!