Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie News is...

Aussie News is...

Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:58 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie News is...

Settling down for lunch, after further resurrection of the old Willys soldier, I thought I'd watch the midday news. And bugger me roman if the LEAD story is about some aussie "sportstar" winning a footrace.

Can the aussie media get over this parochial crap and begin to focus on things that really matter.

Guess not. At least in LA you get to watch live police chases.

Don't get me wrong, I think the adulation of sports is mindless.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:13 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Aussie News is...

Originally posted by Florida_03
Settling down for lunch, after further resurrection of the old Willys soldier, I thought I'd watch the midday news. And bugger me roman if the LEAD story is about some aussie "sportstar" winning a footrace.

Can the aussie media get over this parochial crap and begin to focus on things that really matter.

Guess not. At least in LA you get to watch live police chases.

Don't get me wrong, I think the adulation of sports is mindless.

Did you watch the news last night? Top of the news - "Waltzing Matilda will be banned at the world cup because it lacks culture". Who says Aussie news is cr*P? lol
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

I only watch SBS or ABC news as they seem to realise there are other countries out there!

AndyH
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jah4reds
I only watch SBS or ABC news as they seem to realise there are other countries out there!

AndyH
Me too. Their current affairs shows are actually about current affairs, rather than bogan neigbour feuds and fad diets.

Did note that ABC's Triple J had the gold medal story as the headline as well.

General procedure when the footy's on at our place: bf glued to screen occasionaly shouting at it, Nara with book in hand or asleep on sofa. Same goes for cricket. I'm SO glad I wasn't here for the Olympics!

N
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

AndyH
So you watch "CNNNN" on ABC ? . (this is not a misprint). If you haven't seen it... watch it, it's on Thursdays 9pm. It was on last night... I love it. It maybe not to everybody's taste thou.

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 29th 2003 at 2:36 am.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
So you watch "CNNNN" on ABC ? . (this is not a misprint). If you haven't seen it... watch it, it's on Thursdays 9pm. It was on last night... I love it. It maybe not to everybody's taste thou.

I think I have - is it the American p*ss take of CNN news?

If it is it's very good - if not I'll dig up the name of that program and let you know. Pretty funny for a yank comedy show.

I miss 'The Office' - when's that coming back on?

AndyH.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

CNNNN is great. Worth recording so you can read the scrolling text and catch the dialogue (if you have the time!)

It's Aussy though, not yank.

N
Old Aug 29th 2003, 2:58 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Nara
CNNNN is great. Worth recording so you can read the scrolling text and catch the dialogue (if you have the time!)

It's Aussy though, not yank.

N
scroll bar
;......... teaspoon found in sink after washing-up.....terror allert....

last night the Russians were separating Siamese cats..lol One died), and cnnnn was broadcast to the Iraqi's.
Yes it's pretty funny. It is a p*ss take of the real CNN. It's about the only Aussie comedy show which I find funny.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss 'The Office' - when's that coming back on?
AndyH.
Thought that Ricky Gervais had packed it in after the second series. There was talk about a Xmas special. A sure sign that a series has run its course.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:31 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
Thought that Ricky Gervais had packed it in after the second series. There was talk about a Xmas special. A sure sign that a series has run its course.
'
I think that only Series One has been shown here and quite recently, I suspect Series 2 will be making an appearance soon on ABC
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Ceri
scroll bar
;......... teaspoon found in sink after washing-up.....terror allert....
Archived scroll bar
....100% of pollsters think pollsters deserve a payrise....
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:50 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Archived scroll bars here:

http://www.abc.net.au/cnnnn/newsbar/default09.htm