Aussie Movies

Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:59 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie Movies

Don't know what happened to me, but I just watched Crocodile Dundee in LA and actually found myself thinking this is OK. I even laughed despite the gag being pretty much the same as in CD 1 and CD 2 - The counselling starts next week.

So, to kick off a thread, thought I'd nominate the best and worst Aussie films of the last few years as Rabbit Proof Fence or Priscilla (Best) and Crocodile Hunter (Worst).

Anyone else?

Paul.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

LauranJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aussie Movies

Originally posted by diddy
Don't know what happened to me, but I just watched Crocodile Dundee in LA and actually found myself thinking this is OK. I even laughed despite the gag being pretty much the same as in CD 1 and CD 2 - The counselling starts next week.

So, to kick off a thread, thought I'd nominate the best and worst Aussie films of the last few years as Rabbit Proof Fence or Priscilla (Best) and Crocodile Hunter (Worst).

Anyone else?

Paul.
We saw some really bad aussie films whilst there, so bad I cant even remember the names - but the aussie rellies thought they were great films - wierd!!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else?

Paul.

Hi ya Paul...

I would have to say

Best: Puberty Blues & Mad Max 1 & 2

Worst: The stupid move that was on here the other night, Maslin Beach & the movie that Steve Irwin did....
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:45 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Death in Brunswick is worth a mention.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:33 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

The Castle - loved it

Picnic at hanging rock - haunting movie
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else?

Paul.
The Crocodile Dundee movies are not Australian, they are American movies with some Aussie characters.

Best Aussie movies are Chopper & Mad Max.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by seang
The Castle - loved it

Picnic at hanging rock - haunting movie

Oh, forgot about Picnic at Hanging Rock...I will have to agree...is an awesome movie...

Have been to Hanging Rock....the place has the same haunting quality the movie had....not sure if it was the movies influence...but it really gave you an odd feeling while you are there...
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:45 pm
wombat42

Originally posted by LauranJ
We saw some really bad aussie films whilst there, so bad I cant even remember the names - but the aussie rellies thought they were great films - wierd!!
The worst Australian film l have seen was Lightning Jack with Paul
Hogan who plays an Australian outlaw in the USA who goes around robbing banks with a deaf mute black man, if they really want to torture those lraqi prisoners then they should show it to them.
When l went to watch crocodile dundee 3, l thought it would be really terrible but it turned out to be quite good, quite funny,
Recent good Aussie films are Chopper (very violent) and Ned Kelly.

Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by wombat42
The worst Australian film l have seen was Lightning Jack with Paul
Hogan who plays an Australian outlaw in the USA who goes around robbing banks with a deaf mute black man, if they really want to torture those lraqi prisoners then they should show it to them.
When l went to watch crocodile dundee 3, l thought it would be really terrible but it turned out to be quite good, quite funny,
Recent good Aussie films are Chopper (very violent) and Ned Kelly.

Oh, another excellent Aussie movie that was particularly violent was Romper Stomper with Russell Crowe....
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

WORST = Muriels Wedding (Truely awful film!!)
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by darkless
WORST = Muriels Wedding (Truely awful film!!)

I agree...dont know what all the hooplah was about this movie!!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:54 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Rabbitproof Fence, Priscilla, The Castle, Strictly Ballroom, Man from Snowy River & The Silver Brumby (both for the stunning scenery & photography).

I liked Muriels Wedding, amuses me that some people struggle with the humour.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:15 am
wombat42

l liked the Wog Boy, anyone seen it.

Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by wombat42
l liked the Wog Boy, anyone seen it.

Yesssss...the guys that are in that movie have been very popular comedians in Oz for many years....

They did a good live show called Wogs outta work....

Very good movie!!

Boy, this thread is bring back loads of memories....
Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Another movie that I was disappointed in was The Craic...with Jimoen...

He was so funny on his comedy show and all of the stand up stuff he has done....

The movie wasnt nearly as funny as I had anticipated.

Last edited by Hels; Jul 17th 2004 at 12:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.