Aussie Movies

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gwrees
jesus, what a ponsie title! From "Once were Warriors" to "What becomes of the broken hearted"! Sounds like a Bonnie Tyler song! Its suposed to be a good film though innit.

Yeah...Its a really good film....worth watching if you liked Once were Warriors
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:43 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

no, weve been through this before, thats a pub!
its a chain of pubs (probably coming to a town near you)
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by seang
its a chain of pubs (probably coming to a town near you)

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:46 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hels

Yeah...Its a really good film....worth watching if you liked Once were Warriors
going O/T here but the books are good too.WBOBH better than OWW in book form(opposite in film).They made a balls up of What becomes on the screen
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:46 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

walkabout
That's the one - thanks Seang
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

going O/T here but the books are good too.WBOBH better than OWW in book form(opposite in film).They made a balls up of What becomes on the screen

Is it the same cast?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:52 pm
small steps long journey

Is it the same cast?
It is -Jake has a major role but the wife has very little part in story.Sons have grown up and the death of one brings Jake and remaining son closer.

Hard to believe when they originally casted for the role Tamura Morrison was turned down for Jake as he was considered not "hard" enough for the role.Got asecond audition and he let rip - got the role
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

Is it the same cast?

From memory, yes....

I think....

maybe.......

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

It is -Jake has a major role but the wife has very little part in story.Sons have grown up and the death of one brings Jake and remaining son closer.

Hard to believe when they originally casted for the role Tamura Morrison was turned down for Jake as he was considered no "hard" enough for the role.Got asecond audition and he let rip - got the role

Tamura is awesome in both movies....

He is DEAD sexy!!!!!!!!!!

~wishing there was a drooling icon~
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:54 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

walkabout
First of quite a few films where Ms. Agutter ripped her gear off.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Of course that's not the reason I remembered it
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

I liked The Nugget and Crackerjack. very subtle humour, just what I like!! Muriels wedding I thought was funny if you don't take it seriously and just treat it as a bit of a piss take. Some Aussie films are really crap though.

Mandy
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:46 am
Badge

Just seen the Tracker. OK - starts slow. A bit Tarintino at times, but ends well.

Seeing Rabbit Proof Fence next.

Crackerjack is GREAT, as our my 2 favs, The Castle and The Dish.
I was driving down near Frankston here in Melbourne and came on the bowling club used in the Crackerjack film.

Australian Rules is another good one - good for all the SA STNI visa people who want to see what life is like in a poor rural town.

My cousin is in Muriel's Wedding so I have it on DVD.

Badge

Old Jul 18th 2004, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Gettin' Square - hilarious. Not sure if it ever made it to the UK, it's based on the Gold Coast and has Timothy Spall in. Watch it if you can & watch for the flip flop of the thongs

Loopy
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:26 am
Badge

Originally posted by Ulujain
She even got her gear off in The Railway Children, even if it was her knickerbocker petticoat drawers (or something) to flag down a train.

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.