Aussie Movies

Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Dogs in Space. Not seen it in years but hilarious.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 4:12 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bondipom
Dogs in Space. Not seen it in years but hilarious.
Unintentionally hilarious Bondipom? Great soundtrack, though.

Re: Picnic at Hanging Rock. It never happened. It's urban legend that schoolgirls went missing there. Totally fictional, but like the Blair Witch, people out there do think it's for real.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 4:27 am
wombat42

Originally posted by Ulujain
Unintentionally hilarious Bondipom? Great soundtrack, though.

Re: Picnic at Hanging Rock. It never happened. It's urban legend that schoolgirls went missing there. Totally fictional, but like the Blair Witch, people out there do think it's for real.
What happened to the missing girls in the film, some people said they were kidnapped by aliens, caught in a time warp or murdered by Aboriginies.

Old Jul 17th 2004, 4:31 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by wombat42
What happened to the missing girls in the film, some people said they were kidnapped by aliens, caught in a time warp or murdered by Aboriginies.
They went on to their next movie.

Seriously, it never happened. Pure fiction. Now, Black Mountain SW of Cooktown, I'm not so sure about....
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:22 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wombat42

>>>The movie is based on a 1967 novel by Joan Leslie, then 71, >>>who presented it as fiction but hinted that it might be based >>>on fact. A cottage industry grew up in Australia about the >>>novel and the movie; old newspapers and other records >>>were searched without success for reports of disappearing >>>schoolgirls. Much was made of the fact that the movie is set >>>on a Saturday, and Valentine's Day did not fall on a Saturday >>>in 1900; did the girls disappear into another time line?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 7:40 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I genuinely thought Hanging Rock was true.

Learn something new everyday!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

What was the film with a young Jenny Agutter crossing the outback with her younger brother ?

That was quite spooky too.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Chopper- definately!

The best NZ film by the way has got to be Once were Warriors
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gwrees
Chopper- definately!

The best NZ film by the way has got to be Once were Warriors

Oh, Once were Warriors is an excellent movie...

Have you seen the sequel? I cant remember the name of it right off the top of my head tho....but just as good as the first, I thought

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hels
Oh, Once were Warriors is an excellent movie...

Have you seen the sequel? I cant remember the name of it right off the top of my head tho....but just as good as the first, I thought

No I havent seen the sequel, but my mate has and he cant remember the name of it either! Fat lot of use you two are!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gwrees
No I havent seen the sequel, but my mate has and he cant remember the name of it either! Fat lot of use you two are!

Ahhhhhhh...I just found it...its called What becomes of the broken hearted!!

and now I am a HUGE fat lot of use!! hehe
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Rabbitproof Fence, Priscilla, The Castle, Strictly Ballroom, Man from Snowy River & The Silver Brumby (both for the stunning scenery & photography).

I liked Muriels Wedding, amuses me that some people struggle with the humour.

I don't struggle with the humour, my dislike of the film is that it is a shockingly poor film.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hels
Ahhhhhhh...I just found it...its called What becomes of the broken hearted!!

and now I am a HUGE fat lot of use!! hehe

jesus, what a ponsie title! From "Once were Warriors" to "What becomes of the broken hearted"! Sounds like a Bonnie Tyler song! Its suposed to be a good film though innit.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:38 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
What was the film with a young Jenny Agutter crossing the outback with her younger brother ?

That was quite spooky too.
walkabout
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

no, weve been through this before, thats a pub!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.