Aussie Milk.?

Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:20 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Milk.?

My kids love their milk but like the taste of Pauls brand the best. Even when I pull off the label of the home brand they know if its not Pauls - which costs considerably more than the home brand. (sods law!)

Personally, never touch the stuff as I am not a calf.
Humans are the ONLY beings that drink milk after weaning and for sure the only beings that drink milk from a totally unrelated species (except when we feed it to our pets of course).
What? we are becoming obese? What? lactose intolerance increasing?

Still, that's another story...........

Andrew
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:21 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Much better as Aussie cows don't have mad cow disease.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Though they do have an interesting cocktail of grown hormones in them. Yum.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 4:05 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
Whats the milk like out there.?My littlun drinks gallons of it.Does it taste the same as our supermarket stuff or is it completely different?
There are many brands and varieties. They range from total crap to bloody marvellous. It really will be a matter of finding what you like as we all have different tastes.

The best national brands I have found are Pura light start and woolies hi-lo. Woolies regular tastes foul!

Best local Perth: Harvey fresh lite (their regular should be of similar quality) and Brownes Hi-Lo
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Caroline G
We brought over a few DVD's of CBeebies. ABC Kids shows a few of the CBeebies shows and has Aussie Playschool. However, they don't show 'Come Outside' I do miss Auntie Mabel and Pippin
My in-laws have filled a 3 hour VHS tape of CBeebies every week for the last couple of years and mailed them over. If you PM me your address, I can post a couple to you! There are some Come Insides ... I can't watch them without thinking about Ronnie Barker chasing her as Nurse Gladys Emmanuel!

Last edited by CHnJ; Aug 4th 2006 at 5:20 am. Reason: Because I properly read the OP this time, and also to reduce the effect of the unintentional double entendre!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite milk is the one I get from our fruit market. Think it's called Fabulous or somat like that. Anyway the reason I like it so much is because it's only $1.90 for two litres And guess what, it comes from cows and tastes of milk
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I just wanted to add that the soya milk tastes much nicer here. I buy the Sanitarium So Good. Also I have found that all the cafes I have been to have had the option of soya milk, which is a big help to me as I can't have cows milk.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:34 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy

and on that note.....don't bother trying to give blood because if you spent any time in the UK in the 80's they won't take it just incase you are secretly carrying CJD.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
personally I think the milk is better here.....even my kids commented on how yummy it was

Oh come off it! It tastes just the same lol, I know some think the grass is greener over there but it still wouldn't affect the cows milk!
But then again when I was in Aus I wasn't there to compare everything to UK, so the milk tasted just like milk does everywhere.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:39 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Though they do have an interesting cocktail of grown hormones in them. Yum.
Elaborate please? rBGH is banned in Oz...so....????