Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Interest rate rise

Aussie Interest rate rise

Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Aussie Interest rate rise

I heard from OxForex that the Aussie Interest rate is likely to go up this week. What impact does that usually have on the GBP/AUD exchange rate? Will it go up in my favour or should I cash in my pennies for cents now?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:10 am
Banned

Austin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of lightAustin Showers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Aussie Interest rate rise

Originally Posted by sparkley23
I heard from OxForex that the Aussie Interest rate is likely to go up this week. What impact does that usually have on the GBP/AUD exchange rate? Will it go up in my favour or should I cash in my pennies for cents now?
i heard quite the opposite on the radio today, i also see the dollar is dropping against the pound, whatever that means, lol!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:15 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Usually when a country raises its interest rates, its currency becomes more desirable so you get less to the £. Doesn't always happen though. I think the last raise resulted in a dip rather than a fall.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

On the radio today it said most analysts think there Will be no rise tomorrow but will be before Xmas
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:27 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very surprised if it changes. They only upped it last month and the budgets were passed down too. I reckon they will give it a few months to see what those changes do to the economy.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:41 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Usually when a country raises its interest rates, its currency becomes more desirable so you get less to the £. Doesn't always happen though. I think the last raise resulted in a dip rather than a fall.
At last some good news then.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:56 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
At last some good news then.
Dollar seems to be strengthening against the GBP as it's just about to pass back into $2.49 territory.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:07 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Dollar seems to be strengthening against the GBP as it's just about to pass back into $2.49 territory.
Whooo then, 1 to 1 here we come.....
Old Jun 6th 2006, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
It's been fluctuating between $2.48 and $2.51 for about 2 weeks so let's not get too excited...
Old Jun 6th 2006, 3:42 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
It's been fluctuating between $2.48 and $2.51 for about 2 weeks so let's not get too excited...
Hmmm? My original statement still stands (or at least did at the time) which was intended to merely inform people that the dollar was weakening. There was no inference or suggestion alluding to anything else I'm afraid.

I've no reason to get excited as we've already agreed our forward contract.

Good day....
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Come on 3 dollars to the pound!! We're rooting for ya!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:33 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Come on 3 dollars to the pound!! We're rooting for ya!
For it to go to 1 to 1, exactly what has to happen?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:51 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

They've just announced that the interest rate is to remain unchanged.

Jane
Old Jun 7th 2006, 4:17 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
They've just announced that the interest rate is to remain unchanged.

Jane
See, I told you
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by arkon
For it to go to 1 to 1, exactly what has to happen?
Global warming accelarates, London gets wiped out by a freak wave, pound collapses.

or

John Prescott becomes the new Prime Minister.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.