Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Hoons again?

Wikiposts

Aussie Hoons again?

Old Nov 14th 2002, 3:05 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie Hoons again?

These are the dregs , next time you call English yobs remember Australia has them too.

Brawl erupts after Kingsley Bali funeral

By Luke Eliot

POLICE used pepper spray during a clash with about 30 youths late last night after the funeral of Bali bombing victim and Kingsley Football Club member Dean Gallagher.

Seven people were arrested and were being questioned last night.

A group of up to 30 youths, many of whom had been drinking, were involved in scuffles with police in Forest Hill Drive, near Creaney Drive, Kingsley, about 10pm.

Some members of the group said they had gathered for drinks after the funeral of Mr Gallagher, 19. They said the past month had been hard on everyone and last night's incident was the culmination of sadness and anger at the loss of seven mates from the football club and the other victims of the Bali bombings.

One man said it was a sad end to the night and not what Mr Gallagher or any of the other Kingsley players would have wanted.

The first officer at the scene was responding to a routine complaint about teenagers doing burnouts and drag-racing in the quiet suburban street about 9.45pm.

He was confronted by about eight people.

One witness said the crowd started abusing the officer, who called for back-up on his radio.

Within minutes, three more police cars arrived and the situation deteriorated.

Martyn Wilson, Michael Olden, Daniel Haynes and Blake Palmer, who had attended the funeral, claimed that police used excessive force.

But police defended their response, saying they would not be used as punching bags even in highly charged situations.

Police said some of those arrested faced disorderly charges.

St John Ambulance officers treated one male driver for minor injuries when his car crashed into copper logs near the oval.

Firefighters also responded to calls about a burning car, which turned out to be false.

The burnouts and drag racing took place almost directly opposite the oval where thousands of mourners held a candlelit vigil for the victims of the Bali bombings.

The streets were cleared about 11.15pm but a security patrol contacted police shortly before midnight to say four vehicles had returned. Police checks turned up nothing.
Old Nov 15th 2002, 2:19 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Hoons again?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
These are the dregs , next time you call English yobs remember Australia has them too.

By Luke Eliot

POLICE used pepper spray during a clash with about 30 youths late last night after the funeral of Bali bombing victim and Kingsley Football Club member Dean Gallagher.

Seven people were arrested and were being questioned last night.

A group of up to 30 youths, many of whom had been drinking, were involved in scuffles with police in Forest Hill Drive, near Creaney Drive, Kingsley, about 10pm.

Some members of the group said they had gathered for drinks after the funeral of Mr Gallagher, 19. They said the past month had been hard on everyone and last night's incident was the culmination of sadness and anger at the loss of seven mates from the football club and the other victims of the Bali bombings.

One man said it was a sad end to the night and not what Mr Gallagher or any of the other Kingsley players would have wanted.

The first officer at the scene was responding to a routine complaint about teenagers doing burnouts and drag-racing in the quiet suburban street about 9.45pm.

He was confronted by about eight people.

One witness said the crowd started abusing the officer, who called for back-up on his radio.

Within minutes, three more police cars arrived and the situation deteriorated.

Martyn Wilson, Michael Olden, Daniel Haynes and Blake Palmer, who had attended the funeral, claimed that police used excessive force.

But police defended their response, saying they would not be used as punching bags even in highly charged situations.

Police said some of those arrested faced disorderly charges.

St John Ambulance officers treated one male driver for minor injuries when his car crashed into copper logs near the oval.

Firefighters also responded to calls about a burning car, which turned out to be false.

The burnouts and drag racing took place almost directly opposite the oval where thousands of mourners held a candlelit vigil for the victims of the Bali bombings.

The streets were cleared about 11.15pm but a security patrol contacted police shortly before midnight to say four vehicles had returned. Police checks turned up nothing.
Pb,
WHY do you revel in other peoples misery? Do you think anyone in Perth missed this news item? Maybe you get off scouring the news for these stories, but anyone with half a brain KNOWS these things go on, allover the world, and they don't need you to point them out. Please crawl back under your rock and let people deal with these incidents in their own way.
Call me Al
Old Nov 15th 2002, 12:55 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Call me AL
Pb,
WHY do you revel in other peoples misery? Do you think anyone in Perth missed this news item? Maybe you get off scouring the news for these stories, but anyone with half a brain KNOWS these things go on, allover the world, and they don't need you to point them out. Please crawl back under your rock and let people deal with these incidents in their own way.
Call me Al
Not at all I read how about how bad some seem to think it is in UK , and how great it is in Australia and wonder if its the same Australia that I live in which is not on the same planet that most of them dream of.
The British people that a lot want to escape from are here in large numbers , so is them that are bringing Australia down , you tell me?
The fact is what happened in Bali was terrible and for these Yobs to behave so just shows how low the average Aussie youth has sunk.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Nov 15th 2002 at 2:47 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2002, 4:58 pm
sydneyrose

Not at all I read how about how bad some seem to think it is in UK , and how great it is in Australia and wonder if its the same Australia that I live in which is not on the same planet that most of them dream of.
The British people that a lot want to escape from are here in large numbers , so is them that are bringing Australia down , you tell me?
The fact is what happened in Bali was terrible and for these Yobs to behave so just shows how low the average Aussie youth has sunk.

......"how low the AVERAGE Aussie youth has sunk"??????

Their is a line at which opinion becomes racist bigotry.
You have just crossed that line.

Old Nov 15th 2002, 6:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

By Luke Eliot

</snip>

These lads were naturally upset at the loss of their mates, things got a bit out of hand. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Old Nov 17th 2002, 3:02 pm
Banned

Originally posted by sydneyrose
......"how low the AVERAGE Aussie youth has sunk"??????

Their is a line at which opinion becomes racist bigotry.
You have just crossed that line.
Could it be that the drugs they take?

WA leads in 'kiddy speed'

By Amanda James

WA CHILDREN are the world's highest consumers of psychostimulant drugs used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, according to a report in today's Medical Journal of Australia.

The study found WA's usage rates to be equal to the United States, where consumption of psychostimulant drugs - known as "kiddy speed" - is the highest in the world.

An estimated 18,000 children, or about 4.5 per cent of WA's four to 17-year-olds, were prescribed the ADHD drugs dexamphetamine and methylphenidate (Ritalin) in 2000.

This amounts to nearly 12.9 million tablets of dexamphetamine and 2.2 million tablets of Ritalin being consumed in WA every year. Nearly twice as many psychostimulants were consumed in WA as in New South Wales, the second biggest consumer of dexamphetamine and Ritalin in Australia.

Almost 8 per cent of students aged between 13 and 18 in five WA schools said they had used prescribed psychostimulants for non-medical reasons in 2000.

The researchers also noted official reports which found WA had the highest rate of prescription amphetamine-injecting users in Australia in 2001.

The study, the first international comparison of psychostimulant use, examined trends in the legal consumption of the drugs in Australia and nine other countries between 1994 and 2000.

It also looked at the consumption rates in each State and Territory in Australia from 1984 to 2000. Australian and New Zealand children ranked equal third in their use of the drugs, behind the US and Canada.

The Australian consumption rate was significantly higher than that in Britain, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, France and Denmark.

The rate of consumption in Australia increased 26 per cent a year from 1984 to 2000.

Researcher Con Berbatis, from Curtin University's school of pharmacy, said WA's disturbing figures suggested that a proportion of the drugs were being misused.

Misuse of the drug, known among students as dexies, could lead to insomnia, depression, nausea, vomiting, mood swings, dizziness, and in severe cases, seizures.

Mr Berbatis said new national prescribing standards and access to online patient data for prescribers and dispensers was needed to curb the misuse of psychostimulants.

Health Minister Bob Kucera said the new research would help the State Government regulate and monitor dexamphetamine and Ritalin prescriptions in WA.

The policy, expected to be launched before Christmas, looks set to put an end to multiple prescriptions which can lead to drug misuse
Old Nov 17th 2002, 3:03 pm
Banned

Originally posted by renth
</snip>

These lads were naturally upset at the loss of their mates, things got a bit out of hand. I wouldn't read too much into it.

No a piss up and punch up is the Aussie way.
Old Nov 17th 2002, 5:25 pm
sydneyrose

No a piss up and punch up is the Aussie way.

once again
this is racism and bigotry

Old Nov 17th 2002, 6:02 pm
Banned

once again
this is racism and bigotry
Now come on Rose , when it comes to that the Aussies are way in front of your Pom .You will get over the Rugby its only a game, nice to win something for a change.
Old Nov 17th 2002, 6:19 pm
sydneyrose

Now come on Rose , when it comes to that the Aussies are way in front of your Pom .You will get over the Rugby its only a game, nice to win something for a change.
Read between the lines, PB
Officially the injuries were "like war injuries"
They were blown apart, fireballed
The delay in identification is because they have to DNA charred body parts
Do you think these young men's grief is not connected to the way he died?
You are using a human catastrophe to make racist generalisations
Not funny. Not funny at all.

Old Nov 17th 2002, 6:27 pm
Banned

Read between the lines, PB
Officially the injuries were "like war injuries"
They were blown apart, fireballed
The delay in identification is because they have to DNA charred body parts
Do you think these young men's grief is not connected to the way he died?
You are using a human catastrophe to make racist generalisations
Not funny. Not funny at all.
These young men fought with Police in a drunken brawl , after a service to honour one of those who died if you can justify that in anyway I would be most surprised.

Old Nov 17th 2002, 6:38 pm
sydneyrose

These young men fought with Police in a drunken brawl , after a service to honour one of those who died if you can justify that in anyway I would be most surprised.

what did you expect
they would sit in a circle and throw rose petals?

it is not about justification

it is about understanding grief, and young men's helpless anger about a horrible futile death
have some compassion, PB As a father, if nothing else

and stop making trashy generalisations about our kids

Old Nov 17th 2002, 6:50 pm
Banned

what did you expect
they would sit in a circle and throw rose petals?

it is not about justification

it is about understanding grief, and young men's helpless anger about a horrible futile death
have some compassion, PB As a father, if nothing else

and stop making trashy generalisations about our kids
Where to you draw a line between grief and behaving like a Yob , had this happen in UK the Aussie press would have a ball rubbishing the Brits.
My son has more sense than to hang around with the dead beats that think fighting with the Police is an okay way to carry on , respect for others is lacking in most young Aussies they can not all be ADHD.

Old Nov 17th 2002, 7:09 pm
sydneyrose

Where to you draw a line between grief and behaving like a Yob , had this happen in UK the Aussie press would have a ball rubbishing the Brits.
My son has more sense than to hang around with the dead beats that think fighting with the Police is an okay way to carry on , respect for others is lacking in most young Aussies they can not all be ADHD.

a closed mind is tragic to see

There is a stampede in my kitchen. I have to go. My sons are home

I note that you are posting here rather than the padded cell. Perhaps your rant...sorry....musings are more suited to that audience?
It looks insanely busy down there. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old Nov 18th 2002, 11:59 am
Banned

a closed mind is tragic to see

There is a stampede in my kitchen. I have to go. My sons are home

I note that you are posting here rather than the padded cell. Perhaps your rant...sorry....musings are more suited to that audience?
It looks insanely busy down there. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Very good like it, I take it your children do not act like the schoolies on the rampage on the Gold Coast , 50 arrests and 3 stabbings sounds like fun was had by all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.