Aussie holidays

Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about
Default Aussie holidays

As a Brit applying for eimgration status for Oz I was wondering what type of holidays the Aussie's take?

I may be niave but was hoping that it would be cheaper to go to Asia for holidays, but I have heard that flights are expensive? Any enlightment!!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:55 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aussie holidays

Originally Posted by Ian_H
As a Brit applying for eimgration status for Oz I was wondering what type of holidays the Aussie's take?

I may be niave but was hoping that it would be cheaper to go to Asia for holidays, but I have heard that flights are expensive? Any enlightment!!

Flights from Australia are expensive especially once earning the Aussie Dollar which most of us are once we have emmigrated. A lot of people tend to holiday in Australia or the most common overseas places seem to be Bali, Fiji etc

Cheers
Kala
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

When travelling around we met loads of Australians in Fiji and Thailand. Do not think it is cheap for aussies to travel to asia, but is fairly cheap to fly internally in oz.I also know that Bali is a popular destination with aussies.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Flights from Australia are expensive especially once earning the Aussie Dollar which most of us are once we have emmigrated. A lot of people tend to holiday in Australia or the most common overseas places seem to be Bali, Fiji etc

Cheers
Kala
Hi Kala,
Just out of interest do you know the average cost of a holiday in the common oversea places??
Are Aussie's as isolated as made out on this forum? Don't get me wrong, there are probably lovely holidays in oz, but it is nice to have choice.

Cheers
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:08 pm
Merlot

In 7 years apart from one trip back to the UK which broke us money wise, it was trips around Australia. For us, even though we both worked, it proved costly to go overseas.

We lived in Sydney or just outside of near the end of our time there, so a lot of the time we explored up and down the NSW coast. I had done a fair bit around Australia (bar WA) in 1991/92.

If you are on the Eastern Sea Board I think your options are good for beach holidays.

M

Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

That is disappointing, searching the salaries for my trade I will probably recieiving an average income of 50,000 dollars per annum. Do you think that i will be able to avoid a holiday overseas, so is it best to keep monies aside? I would appreciate somebody providing an estimate of the costs of holidays oversea, so I can start saving now!!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:59 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi Kala,
Just out of interest do you know the average cost of a holiday in the common oversea places??
Are Aussie's as isolated as made out on this forum? Don't get me wrong, there are probably lovely holidays in oz, but it is nice to have choice.

Cheers

Honestly dont worry about it too much, yep it is very isolated out here as far as going to foreign countries is concerned especially for those of us brought up in Europe, I live in regional WA and it takes me longer to get from here to Melbourne than it would take me to get from my old home near London to LA or Hong Kong but having travelled a fair bit of Australia there is so much to see, so many different landscapes etc. things are more accessable from the Eastern States though.

Also flights to Fiji are also not to bad now just looked on Virgin blue and picked 2 randon dates in July and the price is $189 E/W and 4 days holidays to Fiji inc flights, 4* accom with breakfast is $700

Last edited by JayDeee; Feb 28th 2005 at 7:04 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Honestly dont worry about it too much, yep it is very isolated out here as far as going to foreign countries is concerned especially for those of us brought up in Europe, I live in regional WA and it takes me longer to get from here to Melbourne than it would take me to get from my old home near London to LA or Hong Kong but having travelled a fair bit of Australia there is so much to see, so many different landscapes etc. things are more accessable from the Eastern States though.

Also flights to Fiji are also not to bad now just looked on Virgin blue and picked 2 randon dates in July and the price is $189 E/W and 4 days holidays to Fiji inc flights, 4* accom with breakfast is $700
Thanks this is reassuring, I suppose it is again a case of readjusting to the Oz way of life. I will check out the virgin website. I suspect it is really warm where you are now, unlike the icy winters here in the UK.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:51 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Thanks this is reassuring, I suppose it is again a case of readjusting to the Oz way of life. I will check out the virgin website. I suspect it is really warm where you are now, unlike the icy winters here in the UK.

Honest answer it's bloody boiling and a nice holiday in the ski fields of Europe would be great
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Honest answer it's bloody boiling and a nice holiday in the ski fields of Europe would be great
Lol , it's amazing we all want what we can't have. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of the ski slopes, but I am with you there especially with a good bar at the bottom.

I have to be honest that is another thing that draws me to Oz, the best of both lives.