Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Government nicked my Bread Sauce & Angel Delight!! :D

Aussie Government nicked my Bread Sauce & Angel Delight!! :D

Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:20 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Aussie Government nicked my Bread Sauce & Angel Delight!! :D

Well has made us laugh!!

Just got a letter to say the department of Agriculture and Fisheries have seized a parcel containing bread sauce and angel delight (butterscotch flavour, ooooo yummy) because you are not allowed to send skimmed milk products into Australia from the UK!!

The best bit is we have a cupboard fullllll of bread sauce and angel delight spanning over the last 12 months of parcels being sent, it is like a standing joke, when ever my Dad goes to the shop he buys a bread sauce and an angel delight and sends them over to us, NEVER have we had one stopped before, but in this letter they will destroy them for free OR return them to my Dad for $48!!! Whats that all about $48!!! Yeah right!!

What makes me die is you go to that little shop in Glenelg and they sell both, from England, so how do they get them into the country????
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Government nicked my Bread Sauce & Angel Delight!! :D

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Well has made us laugh!!

Just got a letter to say the department of Agriculture and Fisheries have seized a parcel containing bread sauce and angel delight (butterscotch flavour, ooooo yummy) because you are not allowed to send skimmed milk products into Australia from the UK!!

The best bit is we have a cupboard fullllll of bread sauce and angel delight spanning over the last 12 months of parcels being sent, it is like a standing joke, when ever my Dad goes to the shop he buys a bread sauce and an angel delight and sends them over to us, NEVER have we had one stopped before, but in this letter they will destroy them for free OR return them to my Dad for $48!!! Whats that all about $48!!! Yeah right!!

What makes me die is you go to that little shop in Glenelg and they sell both, from England, so how do they get them into the country????
Think you just got a finicky inspector, as I've never heard of those being stopped before. Someone on here had Bisto stopped once as well, yet every other time it sails through with no problem.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

My MIL sends us Batchelors pasta in sauce for my daughter as she loves it in a jacket potato. Never a problem till the last batch. They opened the parcel took out the pasta and then send the rest of the stuff. I thought maybe they were being over cautious because of foot and mouth in the U.K.
Tracie

Last edited by breezeboylan; Jan 7th 2008 at 2:34 am.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:59 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Think you just got a finicky inspector, as I've never heard of those being stopped before. Someone on here had Bisto stopped once as well, yet every other time it sails through with no problem.
I agree.

We've had Bisto through and lots of other food products.

Although they did confiscate the 'doggy advent calendar' that Mum posted for our hound as it had meat products.

The dog was gutted

Jules x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Well has made us laugh!!

They did you a favour with the Sngel Delight. That stuff is rank!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:41 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
They did you a favour with the Sngel Delight. That stuff is rank!
OH how can you say that it is lovely!! And a great way of getting milk into kids that wont drink it!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco

Although they did confiscate the 'doggy advent calendar' that Mum posted for our hound as it had meat products.

The dog was gutted
...well my friend had her 'Reindeer Food' confiscated this Xmas.....no idea what to feed them now!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

OH how can you say that it is lovely!! And a great way of getting milk into kids that wont drink it!!
Get them to eat some natural yoghurt with fruit and honey instead, not as sweet I agree but far better for them.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:52 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Well has made us laugh!!

I had some powdered cup a soup mix (oxtail flavour) confiscated. When I rang to ask why AQIS said it was because the empy package (after it had been used) could fall out of the bin when it was being emptied and it could then blow into a waterway and any granules left in the pack could contaminate the waterway. And yes he was deadly serious.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:19 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco
I agree.

We've had Bisto through and lots of other food products.

The dog was gutted

Jules x
Awww I hope you got him a replacement
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Make you own bread sauce
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Make you own bread sauce
I have had bisto stopped a couple of times and others it has got through....same goes for yorkshire pudding mix. It all depends on who opens the pack on the day and what mood they're in. I fancy applying for a job there !
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god for that. You must be so relieved. If my family sent me stuff like that, I'd be well peed off My daughter hates milk but drinks it every day through a Sipaah (sp) straw. Just as bad as angel delight but doesn't smell as rank.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

My MIL sends us Batchelors pasta in sauce for my daughter as she loves it in a jacket potato.

I eat a lot of these pasta in sauces - never tried them in a baked spud tho

Must try it as it would make a great slimming world meal on a green day

Lynn xx
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:29 am
A Returning Member!!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Make you own bread sauce
Have done many times but just not the same as the packet!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.