Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie girls vs British girls

Aussie girls vs British girls

Old May 30th 2005, 1:43 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie girls vs British girls

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Perhaps you can sit on your bum and enjoy the AFL on widescreen or plasma while human lives get screwed further into the ground.
Blimey is AFL the new road to hell and damnation all of a sudden
Old May 30th 2005, 1:43 pm
Badge

Lucky old you. Thank God they found the buttons ay?
lol. :-)

I liked the Kiwi girl I was met - she was full of Fush and chups and put the cattle on. I loved just the way she spok like she had a hot potato in her mouth.

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:46 pm
Badge

Well opinons don't change the fact that society is constructed and the vast majority of people just ride with it without ever stopping to question or challenge.

Yes you do find shallow people everywhere, but the australian psyche seems to be affected in plague proportion and with a terminal prognosis.
hmmm...actually I agree with the shallow bit - we are getting too materialistic and comfortable etc especially us migrating poms, but I am not going to take an over hippie "burn your brads" approach to it......

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wombat42
Germaine Greer is more of a Pom then an Aussie. She left OZ 40 years ago and has lived in Britain most of her life. She says she does'nt like OZ and that she prefers to live in Britain.
Why is it so bl**dy necessary for people to have labels? Pom/Aussie...Aussie/Pom...
How long do you have to live in a country before you are considered "one of them?"
So Germaine has lived in Britain most of her life and prefers it to Australia - that makes her a "Pom" (racist label) does it?
How long do I have to live here before I stop being referred to as a "Pom"?
WELL?
Old May 30th 2005, 1:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
hmmm...actually I agree with the shallow bit - we are getting too materialistic and comfortable etc especially us migrating poms, but I am not going to take an over hippie "burn your brads" approach to it......

Badge
Whos Brad and why would you want to burn him??
Old May 30th 2005, 1:53 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Why is it so bl**dy necessary for people to have labels? Pom/Aussie...Aussie/Pom...
How long do you have to live in a country before you are considered "one of them?"
So Germaine has lived in Britain most of her life and prefers it to Australia - that makes her a "Pom" (racist label) does it?
How long do I have to live here before I stop being referred to as a "Pom"?
WELL?
steady on...maybe you and Kiwichild should have a date. As much as labelling is bad, it does help many make sense of the world they live in...you just have to see past some of the bigger stereotypes.

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:54 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by hevs
Whos Brad and why would you want to burn him??
oops...Bras.

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mozzie
A few ten years ago I worked on an IT project with about twenty Kiwis. Reading kiwichild’s posts brings back many memories of people on that project. Sorry to generalise again, but kiwichild is a typical Kiwi.
A little bit deeper thinking and unafraid to say what she really thinks than your average Australian girl, d'you mean?

Last edited by TopCat3; May 30th 2005 at 1:58 pm.
Old May 30th 2005, 1:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

oops...Bras.

Badge
I know
Old May 30th 2005, 1:58 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

steady on...maybe you and Kiwichild should have a date. As much as labelling is bad, it does help many make sense of the world they live in...you just have to see past some of the bigger stereotypes.

Badge
Don't know about the date Badge

But where we come from, our individual history and connection to our origin and culture does play a huge part in our sense of identity and how we see and experience the world. Its not the "B all and end all" but it is a significant part of who we are.
Old May 30th 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't know about the date Badge

But where we come from, our individual history and connection to our origin and culture does play a huge part in our sense of identity and how we see and experience the world. Its not the "B all and end all" but it is a significant part of who we are.
How refreshingly different from all these Australian girls (and boys) trying to disconnect from their origin and culture and put it down all the time.

Sorry, I realise it's a bit of an oxymoron having the words Australian and culture in the same sentence but it can't be helped.

Sit back and watch the fur fly, now...
Old May 30th 2005, 4:24 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Sit back and watch the fur fly, now...
LOL
What's the difference between Australia and yoghurt?

Yoghurt has culture !!
Old May 30th 2005, 4:28 pm
Banned

A little bit deeper thinking and unafraid to say what she really thinks than your average Australian girl, d'you mean?
LOL Thanks for the compliment TC but I am from New Zealand ( a KIWI) hence my nickname, kiwichild. I just happen to live in OZ
Old May 30th 2005, 4:32 pm
Banned

lol. :-)

I liked the Kiwi girl I was met - she was full of Fush and chups and put the cattle on. I loved just the way she spok like she had a hot potato in her mouth.

Badge
PMSL you cheeky buggar
Old May 30th 2005, 4:34 pm
Banned

oops...Bras.

Badge
So you not gonna burn your bras then Badge sweetie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.