Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Dream Over??

Aussie Dream Over??

Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Dream Over??

Materialism is a good thing. That's why Australia is a 1st world country and NZ is not.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I have no doubt that it's unpopular in NZ, for the very reasons you've mentioned. However...
[/URL]
That ad is pretty close to the truth. The RNZAF asked for some new planes to replace the ancient ones they had and that stupid communist woman that they had running the country decided that they were too expensive and basically did away with the air force.

Royal New Zealand Air Force is now called Royal New Zealand Air.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:46 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That ad is pretty close to the truth. The RNZAF asked for some new planes to replace the ancient ones they had and that stupid communist woman that they had running the country decided that they were too expensive and basically did away with the air force.

Royal New Zealand Air Force is now called Royal New Zealand Air.
They have a band:

http://www.airforce.mil.nz/operation...78ffddd%7D.htm
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Outstanding! I love the photo of their Vietnam-era Huey.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:56 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Did we donate our old ones when we phased them out and bought Blackhawks? or did we mothball them?

Must have been about 2004.

Never liked the bloody things.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:01 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps if they played "Ride of the Valkyries" they'd sound like a proper air force.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Perhaps if they played "Ride of the Valkyries" they'd sound like a proper air force.
That would scare the enemy.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:05 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Maybe they intend buying new fighters with the proceeds of CD sales.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Talking of NZ I think Flight of the Concordes are hilarious

More fun than Neighbours or Home and Away
It's funny but it's an American programme.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:10 am
Not allowed opinions.

The RNZAF is in the process of launching a Reserve Scheme to provide an available pool of appropriately qualified personnel who can seamlessly integrate annually into and out of the RNZAF for various durations.

http://www.stepup.mil.nz/jobs-in-the...es/default.htm

The air force you have when you don’t have an air force?

They left part off the end. It originally read: “The RNZAF is in the process of launching a Reserve Scheme to provide an available pool of appropriately qualified personnel who can seamlessly integrate annually into and out of the RNZAF for various durations when we can get a loaner….”
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

deadlock will become famous soon enough

Many third world countries (eg India) have better transport infrastructures than that.

thats only because the british built it for them
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:11 pm
Not allowed opinions.

I was joking in my posts yesterday, but a comment in this thread really shocked me:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644466

I quote:

Plumbers are no longer in shortage here in New Zealand. They were removed from the shortages lists a few months ago at the last review. In fact, many plumbers and tradespeople have found themselves short of work or out of work during this past year. My husband has been on short hours for the best part of the year now. Trade firms in their efforts to keep their tradesmen employed have been known to operate a rota scheme of 4 / 3 day weeks. Apprentices, which cost a firm virtually nothing, have been set down in some case.

Most all of the trade skills were removed from the shortages lists at the last review. There is just not enough work to go around at the moment.

Man, NZ really is stuffed. All jokes aside, I feel dreadfully sorry for them.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

I was joking in my posts yesterday, but a comment in this thread really shocked me:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644466

I quote:

Plumbers are no longer in shortage here in New Zealand. They were removed from the shortages lists a few months ago at the last review. In fact, many plumbers and tradespeople have found themselves short of work or out of work during this past year. My husband has been on short hours for the best part of the year now. Trade firms in their efforts to keep their tradesmen employed have been known to operate a rota scheme of 4 / 3 day weeks. Apprentices, which cost a firm virtually nothing, have been set down in some case.

Most all of the trade skills were removed from the shortages lists at the last review. There is just not enough work to go around at the moment.

Apart from being a great place to visit, great lamb and great rugby, NZ has nothing to offer the rest of the world. It's a basket case.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:21 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I know you haven't been posting on the forum long, but if you read back a few months on the Aus forum you will find almost identical posts. You'll find stories of people who came, spent months looking for work, then went home again. I've seen recent positive posts on the NZ forum re work in homebuilding etc, so it can't be all that stuffed.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:22 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Aussie Dream Over??

My FIL says that lots of tradesmen in his area of NZ are advertising in the local paper for work.....

Here I'm having trouble finding trades who have any spare capacity.

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.