Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Clothes Shopping

Aussie Clothes Shopping

Old May 11th 2005, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

LancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the rough
Default Aussie Clothes Shopping

Now I love all the surf wear that you can get here but when it comes to the more consevative clothing for work, evening wear etc I still do not where to start.

This has been reinforced lately as I recently went back to the UK for this first time in a couple of years and brought a truckload of clothing back with me. Ever since my boss and work colleagues look out to see what I am wearing that day - my boss is Romanian and thinks European clothing is so much better than here.

Generally I do love the clothing here but there does seem to be a big gap in the market for certain kinds of clothes unless you want to pay extortionate prices. Does anyone else find this?
Old May 11th 2005, 10:31 am
PommieLeague

Default Re: Aussie Clothes Shopping

Originally Posted by LancashireLass
Now I love all the surf wear that you can get here but when it comes to the more consevative clothing for work, evening wear etc I still do not where to start.

This has been reinforced lately as I recently went back to the UK for this first time in a couple of years and brought a truckload of clothing back with me. Ever since my boss and work colleagues look out to see what I am wearing that day - my boss is Romanian and thinks European clothing is so much better than here.

Generally I do love the clothing here but there does seem to be a big gap in the market for certain kinds of clothes unless you want to pay extortionate prices. Does anyone else find this?
Workclobber?

Old May 11th 2005, 12:11 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Not too sure about the types yet - as I'm working at a uni, I can get by in jeans and normal, everyday wear. But the sizes are definitely different (and I don't mean that an Aus 12 is a UK 10). I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall and in the UK have a nightmare trying to get clothes to fit (women's jeans in a 34 inch leg? Not easy to get hold of.). Over here, clothes seem to fit me much better - longer bodies in tops and leg lengths in trousers. Which is nice.

Old May 11th 2005, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Are you missing Marks and Spencers?

I hear Target are the next best thing is Oz.

I'm a bloke, so I could be wrong

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 11th 2005, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Are you missing Marks and Spencers?

I hear Target are the next best thing is Oz.

I'm a bloke, so I could be wrong

Cheers,
JTL
yeah, your wrong. Target is a bit like "whaties"...What every women wants! :scared:

Buy as much gear as you can in the UK before you come out.