Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Citizenship?

Aussie Citizenship?

Old Jun 5th 2004, 5:46 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Default Aussie Citizenship?

Dear Sir,

Please comment At:
You have been refused employment solely on the grounds that the employment is restricted only to Australian citizens, and other employment is not available?

For example if I apply for employment with aussie Govt. departments and they refuse my application coz I am not an aussie citizen, does this mean I can apply for citizenship on these refusal grounds.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Significant hardship or disadvantage
It is policy that significant hardship or disadvantage is usually shown if:

you have been refused employment solely on the grounds that the employment is restricted only to Australian citizens, and other employment is not available, or
you would be excluded from travelling internationally because you cannot obtain a passport or travel document, or
you would not be able to represent, or be selected to represent Australia in a national representative team solely on the basis that you were not an Australian citizen.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 6:00 am
ABCDiamond

I doubt it somehow, but it's always worth asking them

and other employment is not available?
this part is a tricky point.