Aussie Cars....

Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:45 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice
Default Aussie Cars....

Right been meaning to do this for a while but I keep backing away from it, as really it is a bit picky. Each time I have been out there and any time I have a look on any aussie car web sites and just don't feel any kind of inspiration for aussie cars! Is this just me or does anybody get this ?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie Cars....

Originally Posted by Beegee
Right been meaning to do this for a while but I keep backing away from it, as really it is a bit picky. Each time I have been out there and any time I have a look on any aussie car web sites and just don't feel any kind of inspiration for aussie cars! Is this just me or does anybody get this ?
Know what you mean.....

I have just sadly put my lovely dark blue, pristine-condition Toyota Celica up for sale

Hope to get another one when I've sorted my finances out in Aus. OK - when I've had a couple of pay checks............

Cas
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

No, I love my piece of Australiana. I have an old style white Holden Calais with conked out airconditioning. It uses piles of petrol - but I love it. I used to have a tiny efficient red Peogeot 106 - so parking with the Calais is a bit of an issue sometimes - but that's because I'm useless at parking.

There are zillions of 4wheel drives here - a bit like Colorado.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:07 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beegee
Yep falcons and commodores are like cortina's on steroids. They are generally bought by the patriotic buyer and bogan's. For the surfies and teenagers the following is a must have.
Behold the shaggin wagon aka the Holden Sandman. Many a cherry has been popped in one.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:08 pm
rudo1ph

I think it just comes down to an un-familiarity of brand - you don't see names you recognise.

I had a Megane convertible in the UK which I had to sell ......I now have a huge Chrysler Voyager..........LOVE IT!!!! Maybe I'm getting old!!

Rudi

Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:39 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Yep falcons and commodores are like cortina's on steroids. They are generally bought by the patriotic buyer and bogan's. For the surfies and teenagers the following is a must have.
Behold the shaggin wagon aka the Holden Sandman. Many a cherry has been popped in one.
Classic, the Sandman. They've got one of these in the Maritime Museum in Fremantle, just opposite Australia II.

It has a torn packet of cigarette papers and a ready rolled joint on the dashboard, a yellow defect sticker, matress in the back and every few minutes it bounces up and down like there is a couple shagging in the back.

It celebrates Perth's surfing heritage.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:43 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Scuse my ignorance, but what's a bogan?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by webgum
Scuse my ignorance, but what's a bogan?
blackjeanus mulleticus maximus

* First identified as a sub-species during the mid-70s, the Melbourne Bogan is thought to be a close relation of the Booner (found in Canberra's outer suburbs) the Westie (spread throughout Western Sydney), and the Bevan (Bribane).
* It is believed the initial Melbourne population was introduced to purpose-built habitats such as Frankston and Dandenong. However, by the mid-80s, the species had multiplied to plague proportions, spreading through much of Footscray and further Western regions. While authorities considered a culling program, they need not have bothered, as the regional population began a rapid decline from the early '90s onwards. The situation has now reached a critical point, with Bogans rarely sighted in Melbourne, and those remaining clinging to the region's outskirts. In the year 2000, the species is now officially endangered.
* Identifying a Bogan is not difficult. Males sport a distinctive hair growth called a "mullet" (short front and sides, long at back). Some scientists believe the growth is genetic, while others argue it is a product of nurture, as even extremely young males seem coerced by parents to adopt the growth. Other distinguishing male characteristics include a tight black denim covering on the hindlimbs and bright flannelette markings on the forepaws and belly. Males adopt a dominant status within the community, with a vague sense of rank defined by the ownership of aging Ford and Holden motor vehicles.
* Female Bogans are entrusted with the raising of multiple offspring, a role they perform from a young age and often without the presence of the male. They may be similarly identified through distinctive denim markings, though the color is usually "stonewash". In warmer weather, females have been known to shed the lower layer of demin to just below the genital area, resulting in a "cut-off" effect. Both males and females have been known to cover their lower hind-limbs with furry pouches called "ug-boots." While the wild population of Bogans is dwindling, it is still possible to view them in their natural environment. The species has been known to congregate around regional "shopping malls", where family units often come to settle domestic issues using high-pitched wailing sounds.
* After sunset, younger males and females meet in small dark enclaves known "Taverns" where they consume large amounts of a liquid called "Bourbon." There are numerous factors attributed to the decline of the local Bogan population. Scientists have identified the unpopularity of stadium rock as a contributing cause, while the development of adequate social infrastructure (ie. schools, medium density housing) may have fragmented the species. More controversial theories suggest many bogans may have removed their mullets, purchased "cargo pants" and attempted to integrate themselves in Melbourne's mainstream population, but these claims are yet to be substantiated.
* At present there seems little hope of restoring the Bogan population to its previous levels. Recent attempts by the Federal Government have included the development of a new artificial habitat in outer Melbourne named "Sunbury", but it seems this area may be too close to civilised air travel to attract large numbers of the species. More successful has been an enclosed breeding program in Canberra called "Summernats", which takes place annually at the National Exhibition complex in Watson. The program has proven highly effective, combining motor vehicles and bourbon with rampant displays of female sexuality. Authorities recently introduced a V8 Supercar race with similar results, and have attracted Bogan elders AC/DC for a brief national visit early next year.

from http://www.effect.net.au/lukastan/hu...-The-Bogan.htm
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:51 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

These are bogons
Attached Thumbnails Aussie Cars....-bogons2.jpg  
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:57 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
These are bogons
Ahh, a highly evolved species then! My language course is coming on nicely now - thanks! I won't be spotted as an incomer at all now.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:00 am

Ahh, a highly evolved species then! My language course is coming on nicely now - thanks! I won't be spotted as an incomer at all now.
You just need to get your pack of 50 flannos for $1 at Lowes and rip the sleeves off.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:04 am
kneading my cushion

You just need to get your pack of 50 flannos for $1 at Lowes and rip the sleeves off.
Only 50?
LOL
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:06 am

Only 50?
LOL
Inflation these days is making life hard for the Bogan. That with the recent rock revival is probably pushing up the price of ACDC tapes.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
These are bogons
How did you get a picture of Kong and his family???
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:48 am
Badge

Originally Posted by darkless
How did you get a picture of Kong and his family???
its the flannel shirts and jeans I feel sorry for. They never did anyone any harm. They actually make half useful clothes for mustering etc lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.