Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie brands....

Aussie brands....

Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default Aussie brands....

My hubby has just come back from visiting an aussie friend of ours who was showing him the equivilant of 'Easy start' (you know the spray stuff that helps engines get started. Well here its called Start Ya Bastard!!!! Just an example of Australian straight foward branding!!

anyone got any more?

Mandy
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:41 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's Australian and I'm sure someone will correct me if not but:

Farking Hot Chilli Sauce.

Paul.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:51 pm
joveazey

When we were in Perth there was a TV ad for a company called "WA Salvage" the line at the end of the ad was "we're not fancy - but we're cheap !"

JO

Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like that "no worries, mate!" mentality! Sooooo relaxed.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not always accurate though.....anyone tried "Tasty Cheese?
Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:27 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:47 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite the same, but I'm always wary when I'm at work and the Lube Mobile man comes to the house for a service.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie brands....

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
My hubby has just come back from visiting an aussie friend of ours who was showing him the equivilant of 'Easy start' (you know the spray stuff that helps engines get started. Well here its called Start Ya Bastard!!!! Just an example of Australian straight foward branding!!

anyone got any more?

Mandy
They was a seatbelt campaign here a couple of years ago.
There was none of this polite 'Please wear a seatbelt, you'll be much safer' nonsense.

Huge great slogans everywhere said
'No Seatbelt - No Brains'.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie brands....

Originally posted by nickyc
They was a seatbelt campaign here a couple of years ago.
There was none of this polite 'Please wear a seatbelt, you'll be much safer' nonsense.

Huge great slogans everywhere said
'No Seatbelt - No Brains'.

And there was an anti drink driving campaign a while back and everyone in the ads that had been drinking had Bloody Idiot imprinted on their heads...the main slogan was

If you drink drive...your a bloody idiot!!

Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
Not quite the same, but I'm always wary when I'm at work and the Lube Mobile man comes to the house for a service.
I get the same uncomfortable feeling when i see the "FRIG MOBILE" ahead of me (its cold storage delivery apparently )
Old Aug 6th 2004, 2:25 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
I get the same uncomfortable feeling when i see the "FRIG MOBILE" ahead of me (its cold storage delivery apparently )

Here's one"
Attached Thumbnails Aussie brands....-09t.jpg  
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:02 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by hevs
It is supposed to be pronounced fridge. They have a big depot Southside here. When I first saw these lorries .. I also said what the hell is frig supposed to mean ..lol. The aussies I was with found it funny.. and said its fridge not frig - well spell it correctly! That reads Frig. and so I will call it Frig! "frig, frig, frig!" friging hell.. call a spade a spade.

Maybe they couldn't get the fridgemobile company name registered and were left with Frigmobile.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:11 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

"Mike Hunt motors" ( second hand car yard), and if you speak as I do when I say this.. quickly sort of rolling it into one word..lol - It's down the GC. Don't know if it's still there, or it has been closed down recently.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:13 am
Badge

COON

Need I say more

Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:14 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Australian cricketer Greg Ritchie did a few ads on TV in the mid 90's dressed up a Sikh, all to explain batting and bowling averages for some competition. He called himself Mahatma Cote.

Soon enough, there were patak sauce mixes, et al, in the store named Mahatma Cote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.