Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Beers in the UK

Aussie Beers in the UK

Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:49 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie Beers in the UK

Was asked by the parents-in-law (who wished to celebrate Australia day with a bottle of Aussie beer) where they could buy something decent (like not Fosters or XXXX) and came upon this site. They've got Coopers Pale, Coopers Sparkling, Coopers Stout, James Boag's premium, Victoria Bitter, Carlton Cold, Crown Lager, Hahn premium, Toohey's Extra Dry and Toohey's New.

Just thought it might interest Vash and the other Aussies living in the UK.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:53 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Beers in the UK

Originally Posted by Hutch
Was asked by the parents-in-law (who wished to celebrate Australia day with a bottle of Aussie beer) where they could buy something decent (like not Fosters or XXXX) and came upon this site. They've got Coopers Pale, Coopers Sparkling, Coopers Stout, James Boag's premium, Victoria Bitter, Carlton Cold, Crown Lager, Hahn premium, Toohey's Extra Dry and Toohey's New.

Or some of us who want to get used to the taste before we get there mmmmmmmm.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Can certainly recommend the Boags and the Crown. Great beer.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:59 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

You really wouldn't want to touch most of those with a barge pole. Tooheys gives me a massive headache, but if you can get any of the James Squire offerings I would defo recommend them.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You really wouldn't want to touch most of those with a barge pole. Tooheys gives me a massive headache, but if you can get any of the James Squire offerings I would defo recommend them.

Tooheys Extra Dry Platinum, Yum.

Gives me a terrible hangover though. Hopefully I'll get used to it
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy

I have tried to get used to it... and failed miserable. massive headache material.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Wendy

Used to get that off Stella and 1664 ... minging headaches. Loved the beer - hated the cranium-piercing aftermath.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

'LALALA' I'm not listening

Didn't want to hear that, you're supposed to say 'Yes dear' haven't your wives taught you anything
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:15 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

try chewing on a damp piece of cardboard and you got the taste of a good quality premium aussie beer .
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Waitrose sell Coopers and so do Tesco.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jon and alex
Waitrose sell Coopers and so do Tesco.
Yeah we bought some Coopers from Tesco last week. I'm not much for it, but OH loves it!! I'll stick to the wine.

Nicky x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

Someone posted on here that they found Little Creatures Pale Ale in Threshers in the UK. Someone has good taste over there.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Someone posted on here that they found Little Creatures Pale Ale in Threshers in the UK. Someone has good taste over there.
I'll go with that as well.. Little Creatures is OK, as is the Blue Tongue stuff.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You can also get it in some of the big Waitrose and Sainsbury's although they don't always have it in stock.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:28 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I shall never forget when my Ozzie friend produced some Hahn to take to 232Bar and annqldau's BBQ - It was 2% proof FFS!!!

I made shandy with it for a laugh..... (oh and so I could drive home)

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.