Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie baby book : Kid Wrangling by Kaz Cooke

Aussie baby book : Kid Wrangling by Kaz Cooke

Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:04 am
Badge

Default Aussie baby book : Kid Wrangling by Kaz Cooke

Highly recommended by an Aussie author. In other words it is not full of words that refer to me as a 'coach', like some of the Septic books.

Best book on babies I have read - OK it is the only one I was able to finish as all the others made me too depressed.

http://www.capersbookstore.com.au/sc...=a2z&item=1561

After reading this, I now know I'd better tidy up the laundry as new born babies crap themselves every 5 mins or so, or as soon as you turn your back, and I need loads of buckets for soaking. Boy am I learning. Cleaning the cat litter tray will be a walk in the park.

badge

Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:16 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie baby book : Kid Wrangling by Kaz Cooke

Originally Posted by Badge
Highly recommended by an Aussie author. In other words it is not full of words that refer to me as a 'coach', like some of the Septic books.

Best book on babies I have read - OK it is the only one I was able to finish as all the others made me too depressed.

After reading this, I now know I'd better tidy up the laundry as new born babies crap themselves every 5 mins or so, or as soon as you turn your back, and I need loads of buckets for soaking. Boy am I learning. Cleaning the cat litter tray will be a walk in the park.

badge
Mate, you dont need lots of buckets for soaking, you just need a better paying job - ever heard of disposables?

Although you do still need to clean the laundry as babies tend to either leak milk on their clothes while they are feeding, chuck it up over their clothes or manage to leak from their nappy (both #1's & #2's), so you'll be doing mega amounts of washing until they are old enough to do it for themselves (if its a boy, somewhere about 45 years old :scared: ).

God just thinking about it makes me realise how much I love having 7 year olds .

Roll on 18!

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jul 25th 2005 at 4:19 am.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:32 am

gedge has disabled reputation

badge
Her "Up the duff" book is an interesting read so far.
Puts things in a way that even simple blokes like me can understand.
I just keep thinking I'll be alright on the theory test but what about the practical???
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Her "Up the duff" book is an interesting read so far.
Puts things in a way that even simple blokes like me can understand.
I just keep thinking I'll be alright on the theory test but what about the practical???
I tried to send you some karma twice now congratulating you on your news - but it still wont let me .
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I tried to send you some karma twice now congratulating you on your news - but it still wont let me .
Thanks for the thought, i sent you some instead
It is still taking time to sink in. Twice last week I managed to arrive at work and forget an item of work clothing - shirt and shoes. People are asking me about things that I don't remember discussing and I'm more vacant than ever.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:05 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, its funny reading the angst of new parents to be. all you need to remember is love them to bits and everything else will all fall into place. even the dirty clothes and nappies.

either that or you will tie them up and put them in the garage by the time they reach 7 :scared:
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
Hehe, its funny reading the angst of new parents to be. all you need to remember is love them to bits and everything else will all fall into place. even the dirty clothes and nappies.

It makes me smile too. Also when they ask your opinion, you tell them, then they say "Oh but the book i'm reading says.........."

Its a shame, but they're the only things that don't come with instructions
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by hevs
It makes me smile too. Also when they ask your opinion, you tell them, then they say "Oh but the book i'm reading says.........."

Its a shame, but they're the only things that don't come with instructions
I ws hoping atleast for a sign saying...
"This way up ↑"
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:36 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

you only realise what way up they go when you kiss their bum instead of their head (especially if they are bald)
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

badge
Been reading that one myself. The up the duff one is also good. I like the non prescriptive style and the humour. You will soon be familiar with poo, pee and vomit and not care about it. In fact you'll be glad for the poo and pee.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Mate, you dont need lots of buckets for soaking, you just need a better paying job - ever heard of disposables?

Although you do still need to clean the laundry as babies tend to either leak milk on their clothes while they are feeding, chuck it up over their clothes or manage to leak from their nappy (both #1's & #2's), so you'll be doing mega amounts of washing until they are old enough to do it for themselves (if its a boy, somewhere about 45 years old :scared: ).

God just thinking about it makes me realise how much I love having 7 year olds .

Roll on 18!
I have nicknamed our new arrival chuckie due to the frequent happy vomits. Laundry amounts have shot up. Huggies have had a duff batch of newborn nappies which leak wee everywhere. They are the ones with the winnie the poo on. We have some of the older good ones and Huggies are replacing the bad ones. Essentialbaby forums have seen a huggies exodus. Apparently Aldi ones aren't too bad so I maybe hunting those out when chuckie grows up a size.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:56 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Apparently Aldi ones aren't too bad so I maybe hunting those out when chuckie grows up a size.
If they haven't changed them i will vouch for that, they are good and go up to a very big size, great for bigger babes

We had pukey kids BP, the best investment we made were muslin nappies (never would i dream of using them as nappies) they are a decent size, great mopper uppers and can be lobbed in a bucket with eucalyptus oil then boil washed if necessary. They dry really quickly (Though on saying that don't know if they have them here as I've had no need to look)
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:25 am
Badge

Originally Posted by hevs
If they haven't changed them i will vouch for that, they are good and go up to a very big size, great for bigger babes

We had pukey kids BP, the best investment we made were muslin nappies (never would i dream of using them as nappies) they are a decent size, great mopper uppers and can be lobbed in a bucket with eucalyptus oil then boil washed if necessary. They dry really quickly (Though on saying that don't know if they have them here as I've had no need to look)
Someone on here was taking about tea tree oil, hevs, might try them both.

The Chief of Staff has decided we are going for the washable nappy route during the day, and disposables at night/going out special occasions.. I think I have got that right.

Apparently the designer 4x4 strollers are lousy and we have been recommended the McLaren Techo with normal wheels - our road has been graded recently Roll on the baby bonus.

My wife is getting a Bubby sling - looks like a hippy dippy ethnic thing used by Bedouin tribeswomen, I am going to get a Baby bjorn which looks like a cross between a fishing vest and assault rig.

And a decent seat which you can tilt in situ without having to take the car apart. Top tip I got from the chick in Baby Target. We are also decking out the nurury in English and Spanish as the baby is being raised bi-lingual.

BP what kit have you gone for? I saw a baby dancing Elmo in Target too.

badge

Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

. We are also decking out the nurury in English and Spanish as the baby is being raised bi-lingual.
e
Is that a mexican word Badge
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:07 am

Someone on here was taking about tea tree oil, hevs, might try them both.

The Chief of Staff has decided we are going for the washable nappy route during the day, and disposables at night/going out special occasions.. I think I have got that right.

Apparently the designer 4x4 strollers are lousy and we have been recommended the McLaren Techo with normal wheels - our road has been graded recently Roll on the baby bonus.

My wife is getting a Bubby sling - looks like a hippy dippy ethnic thing used by Bedouin tribeswomen, I am going to get a Baby bjorn which looks like a cross between a fishing vest and assault rig.

And a decent seat which you can tilt in situ without having to take the car apart. Top tip I got from the chick in Baby Target. We are also decking out the nurury in English and Spanish as the baby is being raised bi-lingual.

BP what kit have you gone for? I saw a baby dancing Elmo in Target too.

badge
Target at Bondi Junction is useless. We are hoping to move in the next 6 months so haven't done too much with the nursery. We use napisan instead of eucalypus oil. Not sure which is more effective. For a stroller we got the Mountain Buggy urban. A very easy to use NZ pram. We have the baby bjorn but not used it yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.