Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Wikiposts

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Old Jan 26th 2006, 5:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Originally Posted by frankie.p
yeh thats exactly what im doing, i heard that the school times for around the age of me 16 - 17, they start skwl at 7:30, is this true? :S plz say no lol,
Who the boggins told you that?

It's a load of cobblers, mate; schools will start at anything between 9-9:25, depending on whether they're public or private.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:14 am
bubble[pop]electric

shamsham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Hi Scotty Tee and anyone that would like to chat,
i recently found out that my mum dad and i are moving to australia - brisbane.

my mum found this website for me so i could make friends, but i dont know how it exactly works yet. im 16 year old girl, year 11 and live in worcestershire. my dads moving to griffith, New south wales, in a few weeks, but my mum and i are moving over around august so i can finish off school and recieve my gcse results.

im hoping to go to a college or do a degree/diploma in performing arts - mainly drama/music.

if anyone has any information / wants to talk to me please reply or let me know, sammie x x
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Who the boggins told you that?

It's a load of cobblers, mate; schools will start at anything between 9-9:25, depending on whether they're public or private.

Vash becasue some of the schools have got so big, some now do shifts, example, one on the coast has the younger ones doing 10.25 to 4.15 and the grade 10 11's and 12's doing 7.20 to about 12.50. Some others do a 4.5 day week, so odd hours some days there too. Our primary here is 8.35 to 2.35.

Re age, in qld if many kids finish grade 12 at 17 example grade 12 finishes in november, my son turns 17 in december he would finish the highest level of high school at 16 and 11 months so at uni most of his first year he would only be 17. I believe children currently in qld do one year less of school than other states, however for those starting now a prep year is being introduced so it will be the same.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:24 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Vash becasue some of the schools have got so big, some now do shifts, example, one on the coast has the younger ones doing 10.25 to 4.15 and the grade 10 11's and 12's doing 7.20 to about 12.50. Some others do a 4.5 day week, so odd hours some days there too. Our primary here is 8.35 to 2.35.
Wow. That's pretty unusual, though. Certainly not the norm.

And how do the parents feel about getting their kids to school by 7:20am?! :scared:
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:28 am

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shamsham
Hi Scotty Tee and anyone that would like to chat,
i recently found out that my mum dad and i are moving to australia - brisbane.

my mum found this website for me so i could make friends, but i dont know how it exactly works yet. im 16 year old girl, year 11 and live in worcestershire. my dads moving to griffith, New south wales, in a few weeks, but my mum and i are moving over around august so i can finish off school and recieve my gcse results.

im hoping to go to a college or do a degree/diploma in performing arts - mainly drama/music.

if anyone has any information / wants to talk to me please reply or let me know, sammie x x
heya, I sent you a PM hope to talk to you soon
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Wow. That's pretty unusual, though. Certainly not the norm.

And how do the parents feel about getting their kids to school by 7:20am?! :scared:

On their bikes!! that seems the most common method or there are buses for those over 5klm or whatever it is.

Its could be a driving nightmare tho for people with kids in primary too, 4 totally different drop off and pick up times, interesting for working parents.

Dont forget too, by 7.20 in summer its been light for 3 hours so its not as bad as it sounds.