Aussie Army

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 6:44 pm
arrive QLD 10th June

sonic3829 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Aussie Army

hi there
I'm currently in the British Army (Sgt REME TECHNICIAN) and I'm joining the Aussie Army their REME(RAEME) I start work on the 13th June after enlisting at Australia House in London on the 6th June.
It's taken about a 11 months from submitting the paper work and getting our visa's (permenant visa).Visa's only took 5 weeks but we sent all the paperwork together including medicals and police checks.
I'm posted to Townsville, Queensland and would like to make contact with anybody else going through the same process or moving to Townsville.
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Aussie Army

Hi Sonic

I'm in the process of transferring. I've been assessed as suitable, but I'm on hold until SCMA get more Visas in Jun/Jul.

I've been warned for Iraq (again) in Oct 05, so I reckon it'll be mid/late '06 before I get to Oz.

There are at least two ex REME guys in Townsville. They were in the Craftsman a few months back, having a great time by the looks! I don't think they frequent this site though.

A good site I use is www.australiandiggers.com - you need to register with them, but they are very entertaining - have a look!
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:27 pm
arrive QLD 10th June

sonic3829 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie Army

Hi njk435
I saw that article in the Craftsman that made my mind up to transfer, have PVR'd just can't wait to go now, hope you end up transferring. Thanks for the site info.