Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie accents yet??????

Wikiposts

Aussie accents yet??????

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:17 pm
ad4ozz

Default Re: Aussie accents yet??????

Why the return to UK???? Ann near Peterlee Co. Durham.

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
I had to give up saying "bowl" as in "bowl of cereal" as they did not understand that, I had to say dish.

Also, asking for a "Coke" at the bar was met with confused looks, had to say the full "Coca Cola".

M
I get that one in England sometimes
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:08 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by wmoore
I get that one in England sometimes
The best one is when an Aussie tries to mimic my accent (Teesside), they usually sound a mix of Scottish/Irish and they think they are really funny. All I can do is smile back.

The next best one is a lady in Australia swore blind I was Irish, when I told her I had never even been to Ireland she was not impressed.

M

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:33 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Aussie accents yet??????

The best one is when an Aussie tries to mimic my accent (Teesside), they usually sound a mix of Scottish/Irish and they think they are really funny. All I can do is smile back.

The next best one is a lady in Australia swore blind I was Irish, when I told her I had never even been to Ireland she was not impressed.

M
how strange my hubbie is Scottish and when he tries an Aussie accent he sounds like a p***ed Irishman!!!! Mind you makes a changed from him being a p***ed Scotsman I suppose!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:37 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by philian4
how strange my hubbie is Scottish and when he tries an Aussie accent he sounds like a p***ed Irishman!!!! Mind you makes a changed from him being a p***ed Scotsman I suppose!!!!!
Like having a new man in your life without the hassles

Merlot

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:42 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: Aussie accents yet??????

Like having a new man in your life without the hassles

Merlot

Hehehehe

If only a man and no hassle were possible..........
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:43 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by philian4

If only a man and no hassle were possible..........
Never