Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:39 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I will probably get bood off stage. But, unfortunatly he is Australian.
Peter Andre
booooooooooooooooooo
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:07 am

LittleL is on a distinguished road

Well i am not a huge fan of aussie music....
Silverchair
The Living End ( new to me since arriving here-fantastic live band)
Grinspoon
After the Fall

All pretty good but i am still a big follower of UK scene..!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:09 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LittleL
Well i am not a huge fan of aussie music....
Silverchair
The Living End ( new to me since arriving here-fantastic live band)
Grinspoon
After the Fall

All pretty good but i am still a big follower of UK scene..!

I love the smiths
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:20 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
For me:

The Living End
The Angels
Rose Tattoo
AC/DC
Cold Chisel
The Saints

etc....

most of these bands are labeled as bogan bands but I dont care :-)

Rock and Rooooolllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Waifs

30 odd foot o grunt

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
Thanks simone, we re heading for brisbane just trying to get our social life sorted out before we get there

tracey
Here's a list of all the venues in Brisbane:

http://www.brisbane247.com/category.asp?find=8&pc=0

The Brisbane Entertainment Centre (BEC) is where all the major concerts are held. The best advice I can give is to use the train if at all possible. The road to the venue is a nightmare on concert nights.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:31 am
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

Silverchair
Something for Kate
Eskimo Joe
The Superjesus
Missy Higgins (going to see her tonight in London, woo!)
The Living End
Grinspoon
Powderfinger
Delta Goodrem.. partly
Pete Murray (John Mayer sound a like, kinda)
Jebediah
Jet
Matchbox 20 - they are American though, but played on Aussie radio a fair bit it seems..

Some favourite tracks:
Silverchair - Steam will rise
Something for kate - Song for a sleepwalker, and You only hide live acoustic.. gives me shivers!
Eskimo Joe - Car crash
The Superjesus - So lonely, Over and out
Missy Higgins - The sound of white, Scar
Grinspoon - Chemical Heart
Powderfinger - My Happiness, Like a Dog
Pete Murray - So Beautiful
Jebediah - Star machine (i think..)
Jet - Look what you've done
MB20 - You wont be mine (again, gives me shivers!)

Btw the best place I have found to buy Aussie music is from Amazon UK, in the new and used section..! mostly from seller Caiman_USA in the USA (strangely ) but theyre good, spent tooo much money with them!

Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:35 am
Melbourne Rock City

Spiderbait !
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:44 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

you all just reminded me I`m heading back to the most isolated city on earth, which hardly any artist ever wants to play at.

bugger
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:00 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
The Waifs

Saw one of the Waif girls in a pub in Albany Saturday.
Was chatting to Jez and Brett Hunt later, and they were expecting them to come to their gig, and apparently they'd compiled a cd with music for when the guys weren't playing

There were about 20 people at the gig, because there were two weddings that night and a festival(with the Waifs) the next day in Denmark, lol
Oh how I love country towns, and I'd even consider Albany a small city!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:13 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simone
Saw one of the Waif girls in a pub in Albany Saturday.
Was chatting to Jez and Brett Hunt later, and they were expecting them to come to their gig, and apparently they'd compiled a cd with music for when the guys weren't playing

There were about 20 people at the gig, because there were two weddings that night and a festival(with the Waifs) the next day in Denmark, lol
Oh how I love country towns, and I'd even consider Albany a small city!
We met a couple in Bali from Albany they said if we were down there way we could stop with them, so we did, she introduced us to the Waifs music as she was the aunt of one of the girls (cant remember which one) we thought they were great.

We went to see Russel Crowes band in Scarborough WA there were about 200 people there!! seemed unreal

Kay
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jas_uk
Pete Murray (John Mayer sound a like, kinda)
:
:
Pete Murray - So Beautiful
I never realised Pete was so big in Australia. My Mum and Dad were big fans of his in the 1970's, they were constantly playing his lps and radio show when I was growing up. I'm surprised he's still going.

Pete Murray

So they were literal when they said Oz was 30 years behind the UK. That means Dave Lee Travis is gonna be the next big thing? :scared:

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
you all just reminded me I`m heading back to the most isolated city on earth, which hardly any artist ever wants to play at.

bugger
Oh, there's enough, don't worry.

Freo Blues and Roots (maybe not you type of music, but just a demonstration of artists):
http://www.bocsticketing.com.au/text...asp?id=BLUES05

Green Day, Grinspoon, Little Birdie and lots of other rock bands in Joondalup Arena this weekend.

REM in April

We've had Rod Stewart, Tom Jones, Bryan Adams here lately.

Alice Cooper soon :scared:

Jimmy Barnes...

Kylie Minogue...

Avril Lavigne...

Mark Knopfler

Missy Higgins

Norah Jones

Neil Diamond

Gomez

Oh,Eskimo Joe was the Perth band I couldn't think of before!

And as far as I can tell this is just till April/June.
You're right, not all big bands come, but well, it would get to expensive if they did anyway!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I never realised Pete was so big in Australia. My Mum and Dad were big fans of his in the 1970's, they were constantly playing his lps and radio show when I was growing up. I'm surprised he's still going.

Pete Murray

So they were literal when they said Oz was 30 years behind the UK. That means Dave Lee Travis is gonna be the next big thing? :scared:

Cheers,
JTL
You must be joking? lol
http://www.abc.net.au/goldcoast/stories/s938780.htm

Kay, yeah, cool hey how WA is so small.
We always end up chatting to the guys. It's great 'discovering' stuff, and then a while later they get popular! My friends saw Xavier Rudd and John Butler years ago already, when they were starting out.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Powderfinger
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Simone
Oh, there's enough, don't worry.

Freo Blues and Roots (maybe not you type of music, but just a demonstration of artists):
http://www.bocsticketing.com.au/text...asp?id=BLUES05

Green Day, Grinspoon, Little Birdie and lots of other rock bands in Joondalup Arena this weekend.

REM in April

We've had Rod Stewart, Tom Jones, Bryan Adams here lately.

Alice Cooper soon :scared:

Jimmy Barnes...

Kylie Minogue...

Avril Lavigne...

Mark Knopfler

Missy Higgins

Norah Jones

Neil Diamond

Gomez

Oh,Eskimo Joe was the Perth band I couldn't think of before!

And as far as I can tell this is just till April/June.
You're right, not all big bands come, but well, it would get to expensive if they did anyway!

Well, this isolated city is far better for music than we managed to get in the UK! Everything is within easy travelling distance. Saw Bryan & Rod a couple of weeks ago, Jebediah & Little Birdy the week before, Taxi Ride (who rocked!) on Sunday night - & it was free just a really small concert for City of Wanneroo residents and today we booked our tickets for Avril Lavigne, not bad really! Oh yeah, just got to find a babysitter so I can go see Diesel too!

Loopy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.