Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:50 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

If Indie is like Blues and Roots, then:
Xavier Rudd
John Butler Trio
Jez
Ash Grunwald

Had a look at the Blues and Roots festival in Byron bay over easter, and OMG at the line up, even REM (!!) and Dave Mathews Band!! REM we are seeing here in April, but Pascal is very pissed off DMB isn't coming to Perth!
We'll be seeing some of the above and Jack Johnson in Fremantle on April 2nd though (and then on the friday after REM )

Missy Higgins is good too.

And in the Renth's list of Perth bands, there's one good one missing, but can't for the life of me remember the name!!!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katiesel
My favourite oz bands are:-
Powder finger
Silverchair
Machine gun felatio
Rocket science
Regurgitator
Spider bait
Saints

And we are very much looking forward to seeing them live, when we get there.

I work at La Trobe Uni here in Bendigo and last year through O Week, they had MGF as the headliner for band night and this year, it was the Gurge....they were good, although a band that also played, Butterfingers were FAR better.....should have a listen out for them too
Old Mar 9th 2005, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Blindspott I like. Not Aus, but Kiwi which is close
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Merlot
Hard to believe that one of Australia's best loved Rock Men was from Scotland, a la Jimmy Barnes

So were 3 of the main members of acdc. Bon Scott (one of the greatest rock singers that ever lived) and the 2 young brothers Malcom and Angus.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:56 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Bon Scott was Australian.
I know that there not Australian, but, realy like Matchbox 20.
Bon Scott was Scottish, born Ronald Belford Scott in Kirriemuir.

Nobody has mentioned The Church yet, who are still at it 26 years after forming. Their lead singer and lead guitarist are from Blighty as well.

<shameless plug> I've even written some stuff on The Church
http://www.ulujain.org/music/church.shtml

Re: Delta Goodrem. I'm not happy with her, mainly 'cos I'm jealous I'm about the only man in Australia who hasn't slept with her yet.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:58 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

what about rose tattoo?
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:01 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter
Bon Scott was Scottish, born Ronald Belford Scott in Kirriemuir.

Nobody has mentioned The Church yet, who are still at it 26 years after forming. Their lead singer and lead guitarist are from Blighty as well.

<shameless plug> I've even written some stuff on The Church
http://www.ulujain.org/music/church.shtml

Re: Delta Goodrem. I'm not happy with her, mainly 'cos I'm jealous I'm about the only man in Australia who hasn't slept with her yet.
Hey Peter! How are you?!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi,does anyone have any good links for ticket and venue sites in australia,we go to gigs and festivals quite a lot and my 17yr old daughter is going to miss her music,although i realise some of it is in australia as well,i thought if i could line up a few gigs for when we get there,she wont feel so bad,and hopefully she ll get into some aussie music,any help appreciated
ive mada a note of the likd mentioned earlier in the thread.

thanks guys,tracey.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:34 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scissors
hi,does anyone have any good links for ticket and venue sites in australia,we go to gigs and festivals quite a lot and my 17yr old daughter is going to miss her music,although i realise some of it is in australia as well,i thought if i could line up a few gigs for when we get there,she wont feel so bad,and hopefully she ll get into some aussie music,any help appreciated
ive mada a note of the likd mentioned earlier in the thread.

thanks guys,tracey.
www.ticketek.com.au
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
thanks babe,i already have that one,just wondered if there was anymore

thanks again,tracey
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:03 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by scissors
thanks babe,i already have that one,just wondered if there was anymore

thanks again,tracey
of course buddy, no worries : http://www.ticketmaster7.com/

:-)
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks mate thats a great help,i ll take a look

tracey
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:17 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

http://www.bocsticketing.com.au

Oh, I see this is just WA...
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:20 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

I will probably get bood off stage. But, unfortunatly he is Australian.
Peter Andre
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Simone
http://www.bocsticketing.com.au

Oh, I see this is just WA...
Thanks simone, we re heading for brisbane just trying to get our social life sorted out before we get there

tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.