Auspost

Old Sep 22nd 2015, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Auspost

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can redirect our mail from our current address which will soon to be our previous address to a mail PO box where we can pick it up on a weekly basis.

I know you can redirect mail to another address, but not sure if you can to a PO BOX.

Thanks for any help
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auspost

Yes you can. We redirected my partners mail from her old house to a PO box for a couple of years.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 2:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
Hi,

Does anyone know if we can redirect our mail from our current address which will soon to be our previous address to a mail PO box where we can pick it up on a weekly basis.

I know you can redirect mail to another address, but not sure if you can to a PO BOX.

Thanks for any help
Yep, I've been doing it for nearly a decade - any mail arriving at my address gets stolen cos the landlord refuses to sort out the useless mailbox, so I have to pay Aus Post. You will end up with two bills - one for the P O Box, and one for the redirect.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SoCalDon
Yes you can. We redirected my partners mail from her old house to a PO box for a couple of years.
Thanks Buddy or buddylass, much appreciated.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, I've been doing it for nearly a decade - any mail arriving at my address gets stolen cos the landlord refuses to sort out the useless mailbox, so I have to pay Aus Post. You will end up with two bills - one for the P O Box, and one for the redirect.
Yep, I called them today, sounds quite a good deal actually. Our post gets found all over the road on a windy day. A $300 phone bought off eBay left laying on the grass verge, fell out of the letter box...But only in Australia, well Ascot, no one stole it, still there after five hours. In the UK, some hoody would have legged it with it.

Thanks for the reply Polly, much appreciated.

PS. From the Jam are on at the Triffida Bar in Newstead next September 2016, the tickets are on sale I think. just a heads up for you.

They are also playing the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast I think?

From The Jam Official

AUSTRALIA TOUR 2016

FROM THE JAM

FRIDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2016
The Triffida

THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER
Solbar
Sunshine Coast
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 4:53 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
Yep, I called them today, sounds quite a good deal actually. Our post gets found all over the road on a windy day. A $300 phone bought off eBay left laying on the grass verge, fell out of the letter box...But only in Australia, well Ascot, no one stole it, still there after five hours. In the UK, some hoody would have legged it with it.

Thanks for the reply Polly, much appreciated.

PS. From the Jam are on at the Triffida Bar in Newstead next September 2016, the tickets are on sale I think. just a heads up for you.

They are also playing the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast I think?

From The Jam Official

AUSTRALIA TOUR 2016

FROM THE JAM

FRIDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2016
The Triffida

THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER
Solbar
Sunshine Coast
Oooh nice, thanks for that!
Good luck with the P O box - it is a reasonable deal, just annoys me that I have to do it. I so miss having a letterbox in my front door!
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 11:56 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

The Triffid is a cracking venue!

I also use a redirect to PO Box - find it really convenient and inexpensive.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why keep on paying for a redirect just inform everyone that your postal address is your PO box and after about 6 months no real mail should be coming to your home it should all be using your PO box.
I've just redirected my mail from 1 PO box to another closer to where I live and I only kept the redirection going for 6 months until all mail went to my new PO box.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 5:31 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Why keep on paying for a redirect just inform everyone that your postal address is your PO box and after about 6 months no real mail should be coming to your home it should all be using your PO box.
I've just redirected my mail from 1 PO box to another closer to where I live and I only kept the redirection going for 6 months until all mail went to my new PO box.
Too complicated - for starters, I do almost all my shopping by mail - some suppliers refuse to deliver to P O Boxes, and thats the stuff that gets stolen most! I have three surnames (don't ask!) and stuff that comes here for a mate, and the permutations of the spellings etc often mean stuff comes here when it shouldn't. One of my "frendly discussions" with AusPost a while back was about why if the mail has my complete forename and surname was it coming to the house when the initial and surname goes to the box - they said it depends on who is sorting it at the local depot, they may think we are different people! Ludicrous yes, but thats what they tell me
I do think about it each year, but there is a large amount of mail that still keeps coming with the yellow redirected sticker on even though I've given them the P O Box. Like a lot of things here I just pay up for them for a quiet life.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

"But only in Australia, well Ascot, no one stole it, still there after five hours. In the UK, some hoody would have legged it with it" I take offense at that, we have plenty of items left on our doorstep here and we have not had them taken.