British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Aus shoe sizes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/aus-shoe-sizes-460716/)

LauraC Jun 23rd 2007 11:40 am

Aus shoe sizes

Are Australian shoe sizes the same as here in the UK or are they different? i.e. is a UK 7 the same size as an Aus 7?

JAYMAC Jun 23rd 2007 11:57 am

Re: Aus shoe sizes

Originally Posted by LauraC (Post 4957060)
Are Australian shoe sizes the same as here in the UK or are they different? i.e. is a UK 7 the same size as an Aus 7?

I was around a 7 in the UK and here I am a 9, not sure how the sizes work, because mens shoes seem to be the same size but womens 2 sizes different. Maybe someone else could elaborate on this??

Julia

Streaks Jun 23rd 2007 12:00 pm

Hi Laura, Men sizes are the same but women are 2 (might even be 3) sizes bigger and childrens are the same, I am in Perth.
S xx

LauraC Jun 23rd 2007 12:03 pm

Thanks everyone.

Do the shoes sizes follow the US sizes then? I think I'm a US 9.

Streaks Jun 23rd 2007 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by LauraC (Post 4957187)
Thanks everyone.

Sorry Laura don't know, I am going by Uk sizes.
S xx

aston man Jun 23rd 2007 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by JAYMAC (Post 4957162)
I was around a 7 in the UK and here I am a 9, not sure how the sizes work, because mens shoes seem to be the same size but womens 2 sizes different. Maybe someone else could elaborate on this??

Julia

jeezzzusss,i asked the bird in the shoe shop amd she said ,,oh yes there the same as the u.k...i have been bleedin crippled up this week in my work boots..i thought they might break in ...but now i read that they are two sizes to small...

some mothers do av em eh...:huh::ohmy::)

busterboy Jun 23rd 2007 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by JAYMAC (Post 4957162)

Julia

Size 9 - are you a bloke?

hevs Jun 23rd 2007 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by LauraC (Post 4957187)
Thanks everyone.

No. Womens sizes are two sizes bigger. Childrens and mens are the same.

I'm a UK 5, so here i'm a 7 or a kids 5!?:thumbsup:

LauraC Jun 23rd 2007 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by hevs (Post 4957505)
No. Womens sizes are two sizes bigger. Childrens and mens are the same.

That makes me an Aus 9. I wounder why mens and kids shoes are the same as in the UK?

Thanks everyone.

aston man Jun 23rd 2007 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by LauraC (Post 4957520)
That makes me an Aus 9. I wounder why mens and kids shoes are the same as in the UK?

Thanks everyone.

cos blokes just look at em and say ,yeh they look ok,,,,do you want to try them on....no...

ladies take 2 hours to see if they fit .walking up and down ,looking in mirrors and all sorts...

LauraC Jun 23rd 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 4957536)
cos blokes just look at em and say ,yeh they look ok,,,,do you want to try them on....no...

ladies take 2 hours to see if they fit .walking up and down ,looking in mirrors and all sorts...

:lol: