Aus - Sending Passports For Stamp

Aus - Sending Passports For Stamp

Old Feb 13th 2003, 2:48 pm
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Aus - Sending Passports For Stamp

Hi All,

I am just having a stress attack having read a thread regarding time it takes passports to be returned with visa stamp in. The thread was with regard to NZ PR, but stated that at present it is taking 3-6 weeks for passports to be returned.
We received a request for our AOS bond to be lodged and notification that we should return all AOS documents plus our passports, and subject to all being OK, our visas would be issued with a first entry date of 16/04/03. We sent passports and documents to AHC London with garunteed delivery for Monday 10/02/03, hoping that we would get them back within 2 weeks!

Has anyone got any recent experience of turn around for passports in London? Tickets are booked, but we stopped ourselves handing our notice in until we actually have the visas in our hand, if we were to have to wait 6 weeks, this would seriously hamper our preparations, and also give me a bloody nervous breakdown!

I never have much luck with getting many people to answer my posts (haven't got a complex honest) but if you have any idea please reply!

Sarah:scared:
Old Feb 13th 2003, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aus - Sending Passports For Stamp

Hi Fox!

We sent ours today recorded delivery and were told (by the lady at London AHC) that there would be no probs getting them back in time for our flight on the 28th Feb.

Mind you the bouquet of flowers we sent our case officer should help things along a little!!! (Creeep)

Just make sure you send it recorded and with your case no. on the front and also one envelope or return too (also recorded). Slip in a fiver and bobs your uncle!

See ya out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 13th 2003, 5:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grub
Hi Fox!

We sent ours today recorded delivery and were told (by the lady at London AHC) that there would be no probs getting them back in time for our flight on the 28th Feb.

Mind you the bouquet of flowers we sent our case officer should help things along a little!!! (Creeep)

Just make sure you send it recorded and with your case no. on the front and also one envelope or return too (also recorded). Slip in a fiver and bobs your uncle!

See ya out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't send it Recorded, there is no reason to do this other than to get a signature, they will travel with all the normal letters and parcels.

Send it Special Delivery, guaranteed next day delivery and handled securely. You won't be able to do the return envelope Special Delivery though.

Dan
Old Feb 14th 2003, 8:48 am
FOX
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys,

Hopefully it won't be too long then! We sent it special delivery but as we have had numerous things go walkabout from our post box, we have put our telephone number with it and asked them to call us when they are ready so we can collect them!

Also like the idea of going to Aus House to collect!

Thanks Again, couldn't handle one more stress!

Sarah
Old Feb 14th 2003, 10:10 am
Just Joined

highwinger is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just got the papers back from our Assurer saying our bond has been lodged. Does anyone know if we can simply go to Australia House in person with this and our passports to have them stamped while we wait ?
Old Feb 14th 2003, 10:49 am
FOX
Forum Regular

Hi Highwinger,

We asked if we could do just that and they said we couldn't, but we could do as I said above post them and collect them in person!

Good luck, another one of us nearly there!

Sarah
Old Feb 14th 2003, 11:23 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Fox, and anyone welse who is concerned about this

We sent our passports off to the London office to be stamped, and they were returned within the week.

Andy

Originally posted by FOX
Hi All,

I am just having a stress attack having read a thread regarding time it takes passports to be returned with visa stamp in. The thread was with regard to NZ PR, but stated that at present it is taking 3-6 weeks for passports to be returned.
We received a request for our AOS bond to be lodged and notification that we should return all AOS documents plus our passports, and subject to all being OK, our visas would be issued with a first entry date of 16/04/03. We sent passports and documents to AHC London with garunteed delivery for Monday 10/02/03, hoping that we would get them back within 2 weeks!

Has anyone got any recent experience of turn around for passports in London? Tickets are booked, but we stopped ourselves handing our notice in until we actually have the visas in our hand, if we were to have to wait 6 weeks, this would seriously hamper our preparations, and also give me a bloody nervous breakdown!

I never have much luck with getting many people to answer my posts (haven't got a complex honest) but if you have any idea please reply!

Sarah:scared:
Old Feb 14th 2003, 1:27 pm
Tez
Forum Regular

Tez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best to not post

Hi All
Iattended in person at AHC to get ny PR visas stamped and placed into four passports.The whole process takes about five minutes although there was a two hour wait before hand(sheer numbers im afraid)That time soon pases by though speaking to other migrants it becomes less of a chore.I live possibly the same distance from london as Grub in kent (East Anglia).Its a day out and in my case i met up with some mates and had a beer or two!!!,plus the Aus shop is only five minutes away in Covent Garden.My advice to everyone is go in person,get them stamped and they are in your hands as opposed to somewhere in the post.If they are lost in the post(and lets face it weve all had post go missing etc etc )just think of the hassle you will have replacing them,informing Adelaide etc etc...It would be a nightmare and could delay you by several weeks or longer......Dont take the risk......There is no 100% certainty that your passports will get to AHC or back,i would be very sorry to see on this site or others that peoples plans have been shattered by relying on the postal services in this country.You can get a one day travel card for the tube/buses in London and be done by mid-day...Then you know your their..........Hope this poet makes you think on....Tez
Old Feb 14th 2003, 2:47 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best to not post

Originally posted by Tez
Hi All
Iattended in person at AHC to get ny PR visas stamped and placed into four passports.The whole process takes about five minutes although there was a two hour wait before hand(sheer numbers im afraid)That time soon pases by though speaking to other migrants it becomes less of a chore.I live possibly the same distance from london as Grub in kent (East Anglia).Its a day out and in my case i met up with some mates and had a beer or two!!!,plus the Aus shop is only five minutes away in Covent Garden.My advice to everyone is go in person,get them stamped and they are in your hands as opposed to somewhere in the post.If they are lost in the post(and lets face it weve all had post go missing etc etc )just think of the hassle you will have replacing them,informing Adelaide etc etc...It would be a nightmare and could delay you by several weeks or longer......Dont take the risk......There is no 100% certainty that your passports will get to AHC or back,i would be very sorry to see on this site or others that peoples plans have been shattered by relying on the postal services in this country.You can get a one day travel card for the tube/buses in London and be done by mid-day...Then you know your their..........Hope this poet makes you think on....Tez
Don't forget GET THERE EARLY, I seem to remember they shut the doors at 12.30. There is always a long queue and if the time comes and you haven't managed to get into the building the door will be closed in your face.

"Come back tomorrow, mate...."

Dan
Old Feb 14th 2003, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

nelly is an unknown quantity at this point

We posted passports to London AHC (on 7/2/03) using post office guarateed next day delivery (£4.00) and got them back today (14/2/03) complete with visas.
Old Feb 18th 2003, 10:50 am
FOX
Forum Regular

Got a phonecall this morning from AHC London saying we can pick up our passports with the magic sticker in tomorrow!!!

Received by AHC 10/02/03, to be collected 19/02/03!!!

Thanks for all your support!

Human flights booked 13/04/03, doggie flight 17/04/03!!!

Sarah