Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aus +++'s only for where you live

Aus +++'s only for where you live

Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:14 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Aus +++'s only for where you live

Aus +++'s only Brisbane area.

Good new mates, who love having a fun time.

Varying scenery I come home from work seeing Ospreys, Pelicans nice blue sea, rivers, mountains (even if small) lakes and excellent sunsets all in the one trip.

Love the birds, Koalas and Kangaroos and lizards that you find almost every day in the garden.

Sunshine instead of grey sky, a nice sunrise gets you off to a good start on a morning.

English summer temps at 6:30am in the summer .

Lots of new places to go and things to do.

Surviving A Break at Mt. Mee if you have a 4 wheel drive and getting stuck in Gympie forest if you forget the chainsaw.

The fact that kids can grow up in a more chilled out less high pressure atmosphere.

Free Lagoons to swim in as South Bank and Redcliffe that are clean and have lifeguards and children's play areas. Fireworks and movies and special events on the South Bank.

Lots of work choices for me (although this may not apply to everyone).

Good schools and reasonable prices for them if you want to take that option.

Lots of good beaches and natural wonders within reasonable travelling distance and further a field if you make the effort.

A reasonable choice of man made attractions to keep kids entertained.

And on and on and on...
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:27 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus +++'s only for where you live

Originally Posted by annqldau

Varying scenery I come home from work seeing Ospreys, Pelicans nice blue sea, rivers, mountains (even if small) lakes and excellent sunsets all in the one trip.

Love the birds, Koalas and Kangaroos and lizards that you find almost every day in the garden.

Sunshine instead of grey sky, a nice sunrise gets you off to a good start on a morning.

Surviving A Break at Mt. Mee if you have a 4 wheel drive and getting stuck in Gympie forest if you forget the chainsaw.

The fact that kids can grow up in a more chilled out less high pressure atmosphere.

Free Lagoons to swim in as South Bank and Redcliffe that are clean and have lifeguards and children's play areas. Fireworks and movies and special events on the South Bank.

Lots of good beaches and natural wonders within reasonable travelling distance and further a field if you make the effort.

And on and on and on...

ABSOLUTELY
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

And on and on and on...
+'s of Nthn rivers - Byronshire
Love my local town Bangalow, its friendly, pretty & has a good community
Good friends
Rural living with benefits of some good restaurants/cafes
You can get a top coffee here
Quite a diverse mix of people for an out of the city place
Some good bands play here
Its green with rolling hills with cows/horses in them
Loads of beaches
Blue skies
Dolphins & Whales & Birds I love
Lovely climate (part from heat of summer)
Beautiful plants - tropical lovelyness
Long veg growing season
No traffic lights
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:01 am

Thumbs up Re: Aus +++'s only for where you live

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
+'s of Nthn rivers - Byronshire
Love my local town Bangalow, its friendly, pretty & has a good community
Good friends
Rural living with benefits of some good restaurants/cafes
You can get a top coffee here
Quite a diverse mix of people for an out of the city place
Some good bands play here
Its green with rolling hills with cows/horses in them
Loads of beaches
Blue skies
Long veg growing season
No traffic lights
Quite agree about the coffee Aus has loads of nice little coffee spots.

Seen the Whales up this way they're a must do and O'Riellys for the birds in one spot if people havent' been.

We've seen loads of good free singers here in bars that aren't just doing the usual pub singer routine.

Love a walk in the rain forest in the summer as it gives an excellent cool walk.

Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:09 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

And on and on and on...
Errmm...I wanna live where you live!!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:23 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney

Ferry Rides around the stunning harbour

Sydney fish market

David Jones food hall at Bondi

More urban buzz than the rest of Australia

Botanic gardens

The Opera Bar chocolate cocktails

Good restaurants

Easy access to a multitude of sandy beaches combined with the urban buzz
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Well if you are not in Perth yet there's always time to change.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Sydney

Ferry Rides around the stunning harbour

Sydney fish market

David Jones food hall at Bondi

More urban buzz than the rest of Australia

Botanic gardens

The Opera Bar chocolate cocktails

Good restaurants

Easy access to a multitude of sandy beaches combined with the urban buzz
Have only been to one restaurant in Sydney and must admit it was nice.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:48 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Have only been to one restaurant in Sydney and must admit it was nice.
Yea, but I think we're agreed - KFC is universally great, no matter which city it's in.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea, but I think we're agreed - KFC is universally great, no matter which city it's in.
Only have KFC very occasionally as it doesn't quite ring my bell, I was talking about a nice Italian up some steps near the harbour on the wharf bit.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:16 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

this weather is doing wonders for my golf swing and helps me to get me out of my 'pit' every morning - gorgeous.

with every breath I take and every move I make - its new and its without my rose tinted specs

and 'big kids'

doing NZ [a hop] and GBR next month - live the dream.....

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Blue skies
Long veg growing season
oh the fruit and veggies and the lettuce threads..

Originally Posted by TraceyW
come on over and smell the roses and if you fancy a walk you can carry my golf clubs:lol:

a poster from Brisbane

Last edited by The OH; Jun 18th 2007 at 9:25 am. Reason: [more specific] Redland Shire - the salad bowl of QLD
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
Belgium Beer Bar maybe...
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:59 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

And on and on and on...
I agree. Absolutely brilliant. My biggest regret is not doing this 10 years ago.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
I agree. Absolutely brilliant. My biggest regret is not doing this 10 years ago.
We nearly did it 20 yrs ago and regretted it not doing it so now enjoying doing it with no regrets so far.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:47 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Yes agree about Sydney-

Great buzz,
Amazing harbour,
Great ferry rides on the way to work ,
Lots of eateries (we even have a maccas!),
Lots of great drinkeries ,
Great, great diving anywhere on the NSW coast,
Great beaches,
National parks north, south and west,
Hunter Valley wine region close by ,

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.